Law and Order and Video Games

Z-Neo

NBC ran a re-run of Law & Order SVU last night, dealing with the murder of a prostitute by some teenagers, who were supposedly influenced by a video game. Did anyone else happen to see this episode? I missed bits and pieces of it because I was doing other stuff around the house. I do remember the defendant in the case say he felt like he was still playing the video game when he killed the girl.

I don't usually watch Law & Order, but that episode description sounds like propaganda (sp?).

I know it is possible for some psycho to be influenced by violent videogames but tv and the news are making it seem like anyone who touches a "M" game is going to be a murderer.

yeah I seen this one, pretty dumb. the game was something like GTA3 the whole point of the game was to run down a hooker in a car then beat her till you get her purse.

the big shocker was the tough white cop's son played that game all the time!!!

OH Noes!!!11ONE

I only like SVU when Ice T and Richard Belser have big parts.

Edited by garageink

yeah if something has been in the news you can bet easy money there is a law and order episode about it.

Which is why I like L&O. But nothing ever beats the original even how cool SVU is. Now, when will I get my goddamn homicide back.

They are also supposed to be doing a Law and Order episode that is based on the basketbrawl that occured between the Pistons and Pacers last year.