Movie 'pirate' dead in jail cell

Russell Sprague, the man who acquired more than 130 screeners of Hollywood features including "The Last Samurai" and "Mystic River" and then posted them on the p2p networks, was found dead in a Los Angeles prison cell.

He got the movies from Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences member Carmine Caridi, 70, was recently ordered to pay Warner Bros $300,000 for providing Sprague with the copies. Sprague, 52, was facing three years in jail after pleading guilty to one count of copyright infringement. He was to have been sentenced March 21. He may have died of a heart attack, the US Marshals Service said, according to Newsday, which adds, “His body was discovered Monday morning and an autopsy was scheduled for Tuesday.”

wow.. this makes the mpaa look really bad...

that's sad but I don't see how it would reflect badly on the mpaa, he was old, he had a heart attack, he died. it happens.

it's not like the mpaa stipped him naked and dragged him around on a leash or something......

that's sad but I don't see how it would reflect badly on the mpaa, he was old, he had a heart attack, he died. it happens.

it's not like the mpaa stipped him naked and dragged him around on a leash or something......

But I can't say I'd be suprised if they did.