Next gen Gameboy in 2005?

Gryph

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it won't be anything like the PSP. It will be $99 just like the article says. The DS is meant to compete with the PSP. This new GB, which is a mistake IMO, is meant to be a cheaper handheld for a different audience.

No, it won't be anything like the PSP.  It will be $99 just like the article says.  The DS is meant to compete with the PSP.  This new GB, which is a mistake  IMO, is meant to be a cheaper handheld for a different audience.

Nintendo has clearly said over and over again the DS is not even considered a handheld to them. They dont even believe the DS is in the same market as the PSP. To them the gba is still contending the PSP as they are waiting for the next GB... whats so confusing about that? its been said over and over.

Think of the ds as u did the virtual boy.. its a inovative system that really isnt ment to take over for the GB... its like they are testing the market. Did VB last no? cause it sucked. The DS is another offbranch as well but isnt as bad.

Well i sorta knew that nintendo would release an upgraded version of GB. but still i find it hard to beleive that...

1. it can have a higher quality amount of graphics then the psp.

2. i think that nintendo made another sloppy move by releasing the DS without informing the public that a new GBA would be released somtime soon. becouse honestly most people aren't made out of monopoly money especially since the next gameboy will actually be more powerful then the ds and also cost cheaper then the DS it self. while here in N.Y the DS was $250 for the hardware it self other retailers include a game though.

i don't know this is my opinion :D since im a vistim of buying the DS. i hope nintendo doesn't decide to make another flop e.g the DS.

Edited by LoRd_SnOw

while here in N.Y the DS was $250 for the hardware it self other retailers include a game though.

man thats a rip i only paid 150 for mine and 30 bucks for a game.

hell the psp is 250 alone and 50 bucks for a game.. plus u need a bigger memory stick for media.. the psp is a freakin rip.

I've read an article at IGN a few weeks ago talking about rumors of a new GameBoy in development. Now that I hear news about this the rumors are becoming more true.

Nintendo has said from the beginning that the DS isn't the true successor to the GBA. That's why the DS doesn't even carry the brand Gameboy.

I hope it comes out to be a handheld GameCube that would compete with the ps2 power of the psp. It's probable because the handheld would use small dvds if it were to get next gen graphics, and the gc already uses mini discs so...I don't know, it's a long shot but a cool thought.

No, it won't be anything like the PSP.  It will be $99 just like the article says.  The DS is meant to compete with the PSP.  This new GB, which is a mistake  IMO, is meant to be a cheaper handheld for a different audience.

Nintendo has clearly said over and over again the DS is not even considered a handheld to them. They dont even believe the DS is in the same market as the PSP. To them the gba is still contending the PSP as they are waiting for the next GB... whats so confusing about that? its been said over and over.

Think of the ds as u did the virtual boy.. its a inovative system that really isnt ment to take over for the GB... its like they are testing the market. Did VB last no? cause it sucked. The DS is another offbranch as well but isnt as bad.

None of the game in DS really interest me. I think the Mario series and the Zelda series, not to mention Pokemon has been getting really stale. But I dun understand the Japs. The sales indicate that they really like the series. Go figure.

But I dun understand the Japs. The sales indicate that they really like the series. Go figure.

i agree the series is getting abit dole. though i do like mario64 DS. but call me crazy i think nintendo is abit lazy on making new mario games sequals like they use to do it on snes. for example: Super mario world 2 Yoshi's island, Mario Rpg yet square soft did develop the game so i am not to complain. Yet would makes me abit mad is that nintendo needs better 3rd part developers the ones that do sequals like back in the day with snes. better games like say street fighter. better racing games besides a late version of need for speed underground. Nba street with out taginizing their games.

Please... not a handheld? Are you blind? That's exactly what it is. And, yes, the DS and PSP are in the same market. The PSP may have a more upscale target audience, but they are clearly in the same market. Most people considering purchasing one will take a look at the other too. That's not difficult to see.

Edited by Thraxen

Please... not a handheld? Are you blind? That's exactly what it is. And, yes, the DS and PSP are in the same market. The PSP may have a more upscale target audience, but they are clearly in the same market. Most people considering purchasing one will take a look at the other too. That's not difficult to see.

yes i have one and its freakin huge.. have u ever tryed to walk and play using the touch screen at the same time? its impossible. Hell standing and using the touch screen is hard enough. The system is like a halfbreed... like i said its almost like the Virtual boy... portable yes.. but not GB portable.

Edited by Bluestinger X