Next gen Gameboy in 2005?

Gryph

http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/28/commentary...aming/index.htm

Here are some select quotes from the article:

"We believe it is likely that the next version of the Game Boy Advance SP will ship as early as this holiday, ahead of most expectations of calendar year 2006," wrote P.J. McNealy of American Technology Research.

Official confirmation of the new Game Boy could come as early as March 10, when Nintendo president Satoru Iwata is scheduled to give a keynote speech entitled "The Heart of a Gamer" at the upcoming Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco.

To those that think GBA is obsolete:

"The Nintendo DS has, by and large, been additive to Nintendo software revenue and units sales and not cannibalistic," he wrote. "Even with the DS launch in November, GBA software revenue and unit sales were up double-digits in December and January."

I found this to be funny:

The Game Boy has traditionally been aimed at children, while Nintendo hopes to reach an older audience with the DS.

What 'older audience' games have been released so far?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Long live GBA!!!!!

I don't understand the reasoning behind another iteration of the GBA, though. Maybe a few more improvements inside and out? I kinda wish they would combine the shape of the original GBA with the flip open screen.

Feel The Magic XX/YY... you can touch her boobs and she yells at you :banghead: but she gets more pissed off if u touch her hair.

Anyways i think im gona wait out and see what nintendo is up to.. this makes me have second thoughts on the psp.. Nintendo has always had a hold on the handheld market and im sure they got something up there sleeves to battle sony.

long live gameboy!!!! i knew the ds just can't do it cuz it's crap !!!