* fixed memory leak when changing menu or when no preview picture was in

* fixed screenshot function

* fixed fast forward message,...

* changed cpu adjust speed menu to a menu where you can choose :

* cpu speed

* asm68K or Musashi 68K

* use old vmm or new vmm

* page buffer size

* Page buffer size default is 256K, you don t need to change it, the emu might crash when changed

* Old VMM is the one from lantus (with fread, fseek and fopen) and new VMM from manto (createfile, setfilepointer and readfile), I optimized both of them but there are still some sound glitches, I let you choose which one you want.

Official Site: http://fbaxxx.fr.st/

I've just had a quick look at the sourcecode. This old/new VMM option does NOT address the parts of the VMM code that are causing the sound problems. I'm afraid it's just yet another pointless option to add to FBA-XXX's growing list. :)

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for Gogo's work, but I can name at least 10 games that don't work on the current FBA-XXX that worked in older versions (the latest casualties being SMA protected games like mslug3, garou, and kof2000 >_

All games will be fixed and working in the next Pro version BTW. :D

Edited by + T +

I've just had a quick look at the sourcecode. This old/new VMM option does NOT address the parts of the VMM code that are causing the sound problems. I'm afraid it's just yet another pointless option to add to FBA-XXX's growing list.  :o

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for Gogo's work, but I can name at least 10 games that don't work on the current FBA-XXX that worked in older versions (the latest casualties being SMA protected games like mslug3, garou, and kof2000 >_<). Maybe he should be concentrating more on FBA-XXX's dropping compatibility rate than adding more options that most people will never use.

All games will be fixed and working in the next Pro version BTW.  :D

what s so different in your vmm, as far as I know, all you did is use old vmm from lantus (fread, fopen and fseek in place of createfile, setfilepointer and readfile), I maybe missed something, and if you say it, where is that damn code affecting sound?

as for SMA games, I tried garou.zip and I have no problems with it.

what s so different in your vmm, as far as I know, all you did is use old vmm from lantus (fread, fopen and fseek in place of createfile, setfilepointer and readfile), I maybe missed something, and if you say it, where is that damn code affecting sound?

as for SMA games, I tried garou.zip and I have no problems with it.

First off, let me apologise for stating that the SMA games don't work. It seems it was just my build (possibly to do with the old VMM), but that's fixed now.

Gogo, did you not get the sourcecode that I sent to artik after he asked me for it? It contained all my updates and fixes for you to look at and implement into FBA-XXX if you wanted.

But to roll back the VMM code and achieve the improved sound you have to completely replace 'memdumper.cpp' with the one from the 08-02-2004 release or earlier. Then go through the code and look for lines like this:

g_pageTable = (uint32 *)VirtualAlloc(NULL, g_pageTableSize * 4, MEM_COMMIT | MEM_NOZERO | MEM_TOP_DOWN, PAGE_READWRITE);

You need to replace these with code in the old format like this:

g_pageTable = (uint32 *)malloc(g_pageTableSize*4);

Then you need to delete all lines referencing 'PageFileAccess' and 'PagingActive'.

There may be a few other little adjustments required to get it to compile that I've forgotten about but that's basically it. I don't know enough about code to understand why it works but the fact is that it definitely makes a difference.

None of my changes were ever intended to be secret. You could have contacted me any time and I would have been happy to give you any information you wanted.

BTW, I've successfully applied the above changes to the FBA-XXXb5 source for the next version of Pro but I don't know if they'll work with the latest FBA-XXX build considering the VMM routines have been changed.

Edited by + T +

I have read in xdk help that for files from 1Mb, it is better to use virtualalloc in place of malloc, so I don t see where s the optimisation, but I ll try, I don t know.

As for Artik, he tried to send me it but couldnt , but I tried to add you on my contact list on msn and got no reply since 2 weeks :banghead:.

As I said, I don't know why it makes a difference. I really don't know much about coding at all. All I could see was previous versions of FBA-XXX running with less sound glitches than newer ones. I figured VMM was the cause and set about rolling back every part of the code that I could find pertaining to VMM. Maybe I changed more than was necessary, but it worked and that to me was the important thing.

I don't use MSN much. It would be better to e-mail or PM me. I don't want to post my address here but you can use the forum e-mail function to start with if you want to. :banghead: