LokiTorrent... A HOAX?

NeuronMaster

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you now have a properly-authorised court document to ponder over. He's been fined one million dollars, ordered to hand over all logs etc, and to never trade in copyrighted material again - or face contempt of court charges.

Further anyone using his BT system, or having his source code, is subject to the same court restraints.

Court judgement --> http://www.joegratz.net/files/lokisettlement.pdf

No word on that missing $40k though. I guess it makes up part of the $1m.

Edited by robbbert

I thought the logs only listed ip's that downlaoded.torrent extension files...ah well...

are they only gonna be looking for big sharers? or leechers? and are they really gonna try to nail every single leecher/seeder? I'm betting there's like millions and millions of them

I thought the logs only listed ip's that downlaoded.torrent extension files...ah well...

are they only gonna be looking for big sharers? or leechers? and are they really gonna try to nail every single leecher/seeder? I'm betting there's like millions and millions of them

Or more likely zillions of them. :banghead:

Still, I couldn't believe Webber took the money and ran after he found that he would fail in court. Sad, this is sad. ;)

The logs only show who downloaded the torrent file. Those associations are going after the big sharers first; those who downloaded maybe a few times shouldn't worry too much.

With the MPAA rampant in trying to sue everyone (even the dead) I wouldn't be surprised if some unlucky bt downloaders who didn't even do much get screwed.

So Weird, you can be afraid. Very afraid.

The organizations suing are basically MPAA and RIA right? So people downloading games and stuff are in the clear for now? I heard about some organizations taking down software and apps but not games.