Tekken 5 update

Aoshi

Saw the stuff posted here on 4chan. Holy crap, HOLY CRAP. JUST PLAIN FUNNEH.

Apprently in it's legal for First Cousins in Japan(and a few other places that isn't in asia) to get married. Myth of the perfect couple, the Groom from Tokyo and the Bride from Osaka.

That's just plain weird...its almost like they're encouraging it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the stuff posted here on 4chan. Holy crap, HOLY CRAP. JUST PLAIN FUNNEH.

Apprently in it's legal for First Cousins in Japan(and a few other places that isn't in asia) to get married. Myth of the perfect couple, the Groom from Tokyo and the Bride from Osaka.

That's just plain weird...its almost like they're encouraging it.

Some places in the U.S. it's actually legal too (Thats what I meant by "few other places that isn't in asia"). In some branches of Islamic communities accept it too.

I went to EB today. Apparently it's delayed(regular editions are in, special editions aren't in yet). Because it's on ground shipping. Hoping it comes tomorrow or Monday.

Those little pre-order/collectors edition bonus artbooks always irritate me. 90% of the time, they're just cheap repackagings of the same promo art that's all over the magazines and the web. I seem to remember one of them being good though, I think it was WarCraft III or Soul Calibur 2, don't remember..

The game looks like another solid Tekken. I'm not running out the door to go get it, but I'll pick it up eventually. The new character designs aren't really my cup of tea though. Blade and that other guy (who reminds me of Ripclaw, no matter how hard I try not to let him) aren't terrible, but don't strike me as inspired. Asuka is ok, but only because she's not bad to look at. ;)

You get the art book anyways (regardless of reservations or not, it's first come first serve with the artbooks, at least over here, unless you pre-ordered it, then your practically garunteed to get it.) A few reasons I jumped onto the pre-order band wagon was;

The Custom Hori Real Arcade Joystick - Confirmed, it's not some cheap rip off model, it's the real thing. Worth 150 Dollars USD, resevering the special edition pack that comes with the stick is practically a steal. Together, T5 + Stick = 200 bucks (sepereately, not as a package).

Artbook - Because I wanna see Oh!~Great's designs in book res!

Edited by K`dash

i just got my copy of tekken 5 and i just gotta say wow, its just amazing how great the game looks on ps2 and i don't even have a progressive tv (old 27" trinitron w/s-video) which it does support and widescreen.

the tekken 5 plays smooth and has a tekken 3 feel to it which is a good thing since 4 was lacking.

also the arcade history is open off bat so you can play the arcade versions of tekken 1-3 :banghead: i tried all 3 and they play lovely with no loading between rounds and all charaters that were hidden are already open :afro: but i decided only just to beat tekken 3 to the end and i see that theres no endings, just shows a highlight of what you done and gameover; i never finished the game in the arcade so i guess thats normal. also when playing the arcade versions of 1-3 theres no pause button so be sure to play them when you don't get disturbed hehe

overall , i'm very pleased on what namco has done and look at it as one of the best games ever done on ps2 hardware ;)