Never let her know your passwords

Z-Neo

I didn't see anything about this story posted here, and yeah, it's from January, but i thought I'd share it......

Woman deletes ex's Lineage data in act of revenge

Police say the couple originally met through the online role-playing game.

One Japanese Lineage player recently suffered a serious setback after his ex-girlfriend illegally accessed his game account and deleted game data, including weapons, according to Mainichi Daily News.

The 30-something Takaoka woman allegedly used her ex's user name and password to access the account. When police asked her why she did it, she told them, "I did it as revenge for breaking up with me," Mainichi reported. According to the Takaoka police, the couple reportedly met through the game in the fall of 2003 but soon broke up.

Although the perpetrator didn't steal any actual money, the loss was still painful. Lineage players must spend hours earning the funds necessary to buy exorbitantly priced weapons and armor needed by higher-level chacters to survive in the online role-playing game.

sad indeed , i think the guy should broke into her house and throw away all of her make ups and clothes

OMG !!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Man, would it be eve more focked up if this was on FFXI, I mean people pay "actual" money for things, such as gils and other enhancements. I heard players still sell their accounts nowaday for more than 400 dollars if they manage to do so much effort.

omg, dude, on FFXI, and I play the game so you can't tell me anything! 800 players got baned for being gilsellers, gilsellers are people that only collect money in the game and then sell like 100gil for $1 to anyrandom person. People do pay more then $400 for this service, but FFXI admids baned most of them.

Old old old old old old old old old old old news. I think most of us know here already about the story. Unless it's just Gryph and my self that knew threw magical means./././././././././././././././

*acting as a troll that knows everything has ended*

I find it funny that this is "news." I guess most people wouldn't have heard of stuff like this, but working customer service at Sony, I heard it just about every day. Angry ex-girlfriends and ex-wives would delete EQ accounts, give away items, steal characters, sell accounts, etc, etc, etc.

My favorite was when an ex-couple had shared an account - which is a bannable offense. A guy would call in with the necessary account information to get a password reset. Then a few hours later a woman would call in about the same account. Then a few hours later the guy would call back and a tech would be like "wtf man, we've gotten a few calls about this one today" and at that point the guy would fly off the handle about "that biatch" the ex. At this point, the guy inevetably begs and pleads to get the girl locked out (or vice versa). The tech won't do it, because both people have the right credentials, and will suggest that they work it out on their own and not mention it anymore - as a shared account is supposed to be banned. (this is us being nice to them) Either the guy hangs up and we don't hear about it anymore, he turns his attitude on us and we ban the account for good, or the girl calls back a few hours later and turns HER attitude on us and we ban the account.

Wheeee, online relationships!