Why oh why?!

Gryph

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looney Toons stands for irreverant wise cracking humor, not super hero anime style crap. And Looney Toons humor is by no means outdated, I've watched this stuff with my young cousins and it makes them laugh as hard as I did at that age.

They're just capitalizing on a well known base of characters that they know kids will eat up just because it's a new Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, etc.

Looney Toons stands for irreverant wise cracking humor, not super hero anime style crap. And Looney Toons humor is by no means outdated, I've watched this stuff with my young cousins and it makes them laugh as hard as I did at that age.

They're just capitalizing on a well known base of characters that they know kids will eat up just because it's a new Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, etc.

Whoa there fella...anime and crap don't belong in the same sentence... <_<

It's a trend that will continue to follow. Look at TMNT on FOX. It sucks cock but hey...we're not the target audience for it. Unless you're planning to watch the show then forget it.

It doesn't matter what the target audience is, it's the fact they are taking something beloved to people all over the world and trying to make a quick buck out of it. Chuck Jones should come out of the grave and slap some sense into them.

Ok, watch this and tell me it isn't bad: http://www.aintitcool.com/downloads/LoonaticsPreview.mov

I'll also try to keep my dislike of most anime out of this thread.

My 56k ain't touching that....hahha

Anyway, I understand what you're saying...but such is the case with these kind of things. I think for the creators of this show, as long as the youngsters enjoy the show (and it makes money due to that), it's a success.

And having a remake or whatever you want to call it, isn't always bad. Look at Tiny Toons. I grew up watching that and loved it. It wasn't the original characters (though they did make frequent cameos) but I thought it was decent.

Edited by Sturmvogel

But Tiny Toons was in the spirit of the original, irreverant and fast comedy with lots of mature jokes thrown in.

But yeah, you're right about the kids being entertained. Why blame the cartoons when I can directly blame the kids? <_<