comics to movies

Inky

I actually liked the b-movie capt america. just for it's cheesyness. I also liked the dolph lungren ver. of the punisher. I haven't seen the newer punisher flick. I've never been a toxic avenger or swamp thing fan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain America was pretty crap, or toxic avenger.

Toxic Avnger ws supposed to be sorta crap, that what Troma movies are all about. Crap, but still a cult classic.

Troma movies were always great for USA Network's Up All Night...

I actually did enjoy the recent version of the Punisher, although it's pretty far from the comic. But I fell asleep about 30 mins into Daredevil.

It's amazing just how many comic characters are possibly coming to the big screen in the next few years. Examples are Ghost Rider and Astro Boy(!!!) There was even talk a few years ago about Lobo becoming a movie.

spiderman and X-men are good but the iothers sux

I thought the first batman was the best

followed by blade

then the spiderman movies

xmen is towards the end of the list for me because I loved the xmen so much growing up... I didn't like the costume changes or hugh jackmen. (years ago the rumor was glen danzig would play logan, that would have rocked) the character choices weren't great.

where are beast, archangel, havok, gambit ect. now if x3 concentrates on the weapon x storyline I'll be happy, maybe....

I really think the next X will be the Phenoix arc.

yeah the 80's punisher movie ruled.

No it didn't. I totally disown that movie for being even remotely connected to The Punisher, and I'm a super mad crazy fan of it.

Sin City looks good, really good. I hope more comic to movie stuff uses the comic book, combined with actual storyboards.

Don't laugh at me for saying this but whats sin city ? Neve heard of it. But I saw the trailer and godamn, they choose a all-star cast for a movie that looks spectaculer, I'm sure people that havent heard of this will go wash it, especially women since alot of WB guys and gals are going to be in it.

Don't laugh at me for saying this but whats sin city ? Neve heard of it. But I saw the trailer and godamn, they choose a all-star cast for a movie that looks spectaculer, I'm sure people that havent heard of this will go wash it, especially women since alot of WB guys and gals are going to be in it.

Don't feel stupid, a lot of people haven't heard of Sin City. It's a pity since it's so great, definitely my favorite comic. It's very noir-ish and drawn in stark black and white with very little use of color. I can only recall color being used for Goldie, the woman in the red dress, and the Yellow Bastard. It's written by Frank Miller and set in Basin City (the BA is cut off hence Sin City). If you get a chance to read it, do it since it's great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_City

O alrigght, thanks, man if only supernova was here, Iknow for a fact that they comic series like this, well, of to search in google !

Edit:Wrong thread, can someone please move this to the comic book to movies thread?

Edited by Drake

yeah I get that feeling too.

yeah I get that feeling too.

Yeah, they've set up for it as well as can be expected in the movie. I'm not entirely sure how they plan to capture the epic-ness of it in 2 hours though. That does make me a little worried. I'm just hoping they focus on more than just logan - there are too many cool X-men characters to waste more time on him. A wolverine movie would be nice as a seperate piece though.

I liked the recent Spider Man movies as well, because they were tasteful hollywood-izations of the comics. I can see why a lot of people called the first one cheezy, but most of that had to do with swapping Gwen Stacy for Mary Jane. If they'd used the actual ending from the comic books, I think fewer people would have had that problem, but it wouldn't have been hollywood-safe. I was also surprised that they were able to turn Doc-Ock into a respectable villian, I always thought he was the cheeziest of the old baddies and he turned out quite freaky.

I also like that they left things wide open for the sequel. While the return of the Green Goblin seems likely, they've laid paths to Venom (Astronaut Jameson brings back the costume) and the Lizard as well (we won't mention Man-Wolf). Any of those would turn out very nice if given the same loving treatment that doc-ock recieved.

It'll be awsome if it's spider-man+venom against carnage+harryosborn's version of greengoblin.

But that's just a fantasy match, and my friend told me like 2 years back that venom was liscened by another company for it's movie rights, so Idk if that liscense is still not with columbia, but I think there going to introduce 2 villians this time, who, im not sure or care at the moment since I know it's going to kick ass ethier way.