Arcade@Home Is Dieing Slowly.... :(

Alpha

A@H made me who I am right now in the emulation scene. Without the site, there would be no EmulForums! After the past couple of months, I see that A@H is N0T doing so good and it really makes me sad. Now I am not saying its all Tim's fault, but the advertisements have gone crazy. Whenever I close out of the site, I at least have to close out of 20 advertisement boxes too. Everytime I load the forum I got a scrolled NetZero Ad, and I have to constantly close out of it, or I by accident click on it. :roll: To be honest A@H is still one of my favorite sites, but its just not what it used to be. I mean the banner at the top NEVER bothered me, but when it came with the popups/ scrollers/ tower ads, sometimes my pc would crash because of the amount of JavaScript and stuff. Recently Tim has been getting really badly insulted and to be honest thats exactly what I DIDN'T want. Many of us came together from A@H, and obviously when someone brings down Tim, they bring the rest of the site with him, and its just really sad.

These Past 2 Years, Here is The Good & The Bad:

The Good:

- Well mannered users compared to other forums most of the time.

- The Forum Attack Sytem really got people into A@H.

- It made many people come together and make more emulation sites and help the emulation scene.

- It still and always keeps us up to date with emulation news.

- There are really no restrictions on posting rom links and such.

- He has always helped EmulForums in ways that some people may never think of and I thank him for that.

- He really made a awesome emulation community, and no one can really can take that away from him.

- A@H has always been helpful with technical support on pc problems with emulators too.

- Nothing really never goes to the EXTREME there, and thats one reason why I am always there sTILL.

The Bad:

- Too many advertisements.

- Tim should have stopped the religion discussion before it got any worse, since many people were offended and left A@H.

- A@H should have updated emulators like they use too.

- These past months, everyone has been restricted in what they really want to say or express their thoughts.

- The Banning of Users has gone to the way extreme.

- A@H should find security fixes in their bulletin software and upgrade to the latest version.

- The Tower Ad on the right side of the forum should be removed.

- People should be able to speak their opinions on some things.

What A@H Needs To Do:

- Get some more moderators and give them more power.

- Tim should start trusting his own moderators that he currently has.

- The Forum Attack System should be removed if it causing SPAM problems.

- People should not be banned for explaining their thoughts on a topic.

- A@H should have no popups and scrollers, or tower ads. Only a banner ad should be acceptable, nothing else.

- If A@H wants to continue this, then some people or going to start leaving the forum, to be honest I never will, but this is not good if they want to keep this up.

- A@H should UNITE with their partner sites and not be ANTI-SOCIAL.

- A@H should upgrade to a new bulletin software or upgrade to VBulletin, for better perfomance and speeds.

- The BANNING should go to the low.

- A@H has to find a way to ban "SPOOFED" IP addresses.

Well speak your thoughts on this topic, since we have 2 already on A@H here on EmulForums. If Tim ever happens to read this thread, all I can say is A@H is my HOME and of course here, but its starting to irritate me at times, and I just wish it all the best for the upcoming years to come. I just want to be what it was before, and not what it is now, because the Current Affairs section is always packed with useless topics, we have to go back into Emulation Talk.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A@h is still very good for news and stuff, I have limited my responses to topics where I know become controversial, even when "japs" keep getting insulted and demeaned by someone I have to bite my lip, lest I will be banned and marked with a Peter Pan and a tittle of someone's choosing

so realy cannot speak my mind, I have none the less expressed my concern but in a subtle way, if you go around to other places there are some very nasty things said about Tim, I find it wrong because A@H has helped me a lot, I mean that. Maybe it will return to what it was, I have noticed lately than from the over 3000 members only about 25 constantly visit any more, I have seen darkcloud dissapear completely and Unforgiven only posts like once a month... well I agree with gamecop about the situation. 8)

Well, A@H, like many ppl say, helped a lot of us with the emu scene. Im still new at forums and stuff like that. In A@H, i going unnoticed, always browse the forum, barely post there, but i don;t bother either. Sometimes, like Evilnos say, can't speak was in really in your mind coz banning issues or coments. I don't hold any grudges against A@H, just agreeing with u.

DAM!!!

Im really pissed of now...

i had started typing some help for someone...quite long i had my head down as i was typing looked up and a stupid poncy greend advert was stareing at me...the frinking thing...it lets you start typing then rams an advert in;......i may be averting my time from that place shortly... :evil::D