RPGs; Eastern vs. Western

Which style of RPG suits you best?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone hate XboX? I believe most people on this forum are true PC gamers...am I correct? Out of the three systems, XboX is hosts more PC ports than the others.

That is what we hate. PC ports. We want more original games in console,

Bingo. Neo, play Halo on Xbox? Better then the PC version.

Meh, I like PC ports to Xbox because of my low grade vid card. Having it on XboX provides some convience to upgrading my comp...but I can't say that since I don't have XboX. I drained $400 on my Ps2. But wait till I win the lottery...

Ok, I read through all of that during Psych class and Daevel, K'dash, garage, Skythe, and Kanti covered eveything I was going to say. I'm not going to type up a whole bunch of stuff that just repeats what they said, that'd be ad nauseum. So, just pretend I said all that stuff too because I agree with them.

Also, you need to learn how to debate properly. Notice how the rest of them didn't attack you, but they debated the issues while you had to resort to calling them morons, idiots, and whatnot.

The only reason the thread wasn't closed is because I wanted to reply but they covered all the points. So if you flame like that again, you will be banned since this is your warning.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't classify most people here as being hardcore PC gamers. Most of them play consoles. However, I am a hardcore PC gamer.

You should post your points up gryph, I really would like to hear what you have to say.

The only reason I started cursing is because the whole incident was dying down and then Daeval comes in with 'i don't know what's going on but let's increase the fire anyways" with comments that have no concrete proof.

The timeline was this:

-Someone stated that story has nothing to do with good RPG's.

I debated how that's wrong.

-Gryph said that Eastern's are plain crap without adding IMHO

I took it seriously and told you how Eastern's aren't crap and that storyline makes a better experience when you reach the end.

-Misunderstandings took place and ultimately I thought the hate towards Eastern RPG's is based on culture rather than material. I took back my words for calling you a prejudice.

We were going to call a truce.

-Mr Big Shot Daeval comes in and explains what an "Western RPG" with poor examples constantly talking about Fallout and Morrowind. Takes the word racism and plays around with it, and then comments on how I don't know whats going on.

The rest is history.

You should post your points up gryph, I really would like to hear what you have to say.

The only reason I started cursing is because the whole incident was dying down and then Daeval comes in with 'i don't know what's going on but let's increase the fire anyways" with comments that have no concrete proof.

The timeline was this:

-Someone stated that story has nothing to do with good RPG's.

I debated how that's wrong.

-Gryph said that Eastern's are plain crap without adding IMHO

I took it seriously and told you how Eastern's aren't crap and that storyline makes a better experience when you reach the end.

-Misunderstandings took place and ultimately I thought the hate towards Eastern RPG's is based on culture rather than material. I took back my words for calling you a prejudice.

We were going to call a truce.

-Mr Big Shot Daeval comes in and explains what an "Western RPG" with poor examples constantly talking about Fallout and Morrowind. Takes the word racism and plays around with it, and then comments on how I don't know whats going on.

The rest is history.

I've already made my points. What's the point in retyping what others have said? I don't have time for that. I'd rather spend that time on System Shock 2 which I just reinstalled. :)

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...ndpost&p=135338

And stop with the Mr. Big Shot Daevel crap, he's probably the only one out of all of us who wrote unbiased post on both sides. He obviously likes both for different reasons. So just drop it.

I doubt it. Most of his comments were based on definitions and speaking for garageink. Not much of it was about RPG's. But I don't get into that. There's more things to be said but I'd had my fill. Why don't someone just close this thing already?

Edited by NeoMaster

I'll let Daevel make closing comments if he wants and then I think it's time for a close.

My "stepping in" was based on an offensive attitude, marked by unnecessary insults and twisting of arguments, established in post 118 of this thread, and carried through to post 139, being a series of "misunderstandings" and blatantly offensive remarks directed at garageink and his opinions. I was the first to reply directly to said post, prior to any (hereto nonexistant) agreement or truce. My post was in defense of garageink's opinions, which happened to be very similar to my own. I was also irritated by NeoMaster's increasingly flame-like responses, and addressed those in what I feel was a rather reserved way. More baseless insults followed from NeoMaster's end, and attempts to continue the discussion about RPGs were ignored completely in favor of still more offensive behavior.

As a result, I have discovered the "ignore" feature of the board, so the problem is solved on my end. Everyone here is old enough to know better than to resort to name-calling and mud-slinging, including you, NeoMaster. Exerting that much self control, when someone's opinions run counter to your own, is your responsibility in public discussion. Until you are willing to accept that responsibility, please make use of the Ignore feature to block my posts as well.