Will somebody stop the madnes!

Lucandrake

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/02/...reut/index.html

Council member Adrian Fenty, sponsor of the measure, said the games perpetuated "the worst of our society" and contributed to youth violence.

I thought games gave us good hand and eye coordanation and whatnot. Well, just post your thoughts, gryph has told me to shutup about subjects like this

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the ESBR and PEGI ratings are ther for a reason, but quit a number of parents seem to disregard those or have no idead what kind of games their kids play.

Personally, I wouldn't sell a PEGI rating 18+ game to anyone under 18.

gryph has told me to shutup about subjects like this

I have told you to shut up on stuff you don't know. I was a tad harsh though. <_< If you have something to say, please say it. It's best if you do so if you are misguided then we can guide you back.

But I think the ESRB need to be tightly enforced. My parents bought all my games before (all 5 of them :rofl:) and most were mature. They knew it doesn't matter.

You have to use your judgement. My 10 year old brother can play any violent game he desires. Unreal Tournament, Halo, Silent Hilll, whatever. I know he will not go around "shooting" things in his imagination. he knows it isnt real and not to go around acting like hes shooting people.

On the other hand, will i let him play grand theft auto? Hell No. There is subject matter in that game that just isnt appropriate for his age.

Games can affact people. Only a week ago I ran around the town, jumping on turtels, eating mushrooms and entering sewer pipes.

Seriously, this has been said before, it will be said again, and I don't care if shops won't sell me games becaues I am under 18, it will only give me another acsuse to use P2P.

Games can affact people. Only a week ago I ran around the town, jumping on turtels, eating mushrooms and entering sewer pipes.

Seriously, this has been said before, it will be said again, and I don't care if shops won't sell me games becaues I am under 18, it will only give me another acsuse to use P2P.

Those senators never thought of that did they...kids downloading the games, idoitos. Anyway, I actually don't mind their efforts. If they pass this bill then maybe they'll sit back on their hunches and pat themsevles on the back, thereby leaving the game industry alone. Of course, I don't agree with their motives for the bill, that games cause violence.