Achieving Immortality

Mag

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually may be possible to extend human life for a while if the telomere theory theory turns out to be correct. Studies have shown that scientists have been able to keep cells alive indefinitely by adding telomerases to DNA.

I think hes crazy >.>  Thats just way over the limit.  With immortality what'll happen to the population?  Without any decrease, earth would be overpopulated.

I'm thinking about the same thing of what would happened to our world if that time comes. :rofl:

das y i'm not even gonna read the link

the idea is stupid.. ofcourse population would get to high and such. The only people who would be able to do this would be extremely rich.. most likely world leaders and such and that would be hell.. some damn world leader living forever... they live long enough as it is lol.

so anyways why even tease the thought? you will never be able to use it.

I've learned not to click links posted on forums regardless if they are meaningful or not...

<_<

Yes! Staying ignorant is a great thing! No need to broaden your horizons! :rofl:

the idea is stupid.. ofcourse population would get to high and such. The only people who would be able to do this would be extremely rich.. most likely world leaders and such and that would be hell.. some damn world leader living forever... they live long enough as it is lol.

so anyways why even tease the thought? you will never be able to use it.

Some people are so chauvanistic about this kind of stuff. Why does everyone just automatically assume that immortality stuff will be used on humans? Why not plants? What about having an apple tree that lives forever and bears good fruit always? There are more applications than just human immortality.

But yes, if people lived forever, Thomas Malthus' idea of geometric population growth would be true, we would use all the world's resources and die out. Even though that's probably going to happen anyway because we live longer have significantly less infant mortality rates than his time.

Why does everyone just automatically assume that immortality stuff will be used on humans?

Most likely because people humans are the ones who are so desperately reaching for immortality throughout history.