Samurai Showdown 5 special

pharoah007

the Unique Fatalities have been removed from the game. There is also no splitting in half or decapitations at the end of the match.

This is because the rom was dumped from a AES (home version) cart.

The JAMMA arcade version STILL has the fatilitys.

Can anyone here get the ball rolling to get us a TRUE Samurai Showdown 5 dump.

The fatialitys ARE on the AES dump but they are censored out....they can be unlocked on the computer with a unibios to unlock it

this unibios is avaible at http://unibios.free.fr/ can anyone implement this into the bendermame??

I know that there were verry few jamma carts of SSVS released and no one is willing (yet) to open theres up to dump it.

I will help in ANY way that I can.

P.S. can someone post a link to some good move lists for SS5 please.

the Unique Fatalities have been removed from the game. There is also no splitting in half or decapitations at the end of the match.

The fatialitys ARE on the AES dump but they are censored out....they can be unlocked on the computer with a unibios to unlock it

this unibios is avaible at  http://unibios.free.fr/ can anyone implement this into the bendermame??

I know that there were verry few  jamma carts of SSVS released and no one is willing (yet) to open theres up to dump it.

Indeed, samsh5sp set was dumped from an AES cart "recalled" : that means fatalities were removed to apply the censor causing some bugs.

Due to the pressure generated by the customers to own a genuine product, SNKP released some samsh5sp AES carts with fatalities unlocked & bugs fixed.

Btw, if U don't use Unibios, U can apply the patch made by Wesker from Fightchina to enable fatalities :

990 : FF -> FC

991 : FF -> 33

992 : FF -> 02

993 : FF -> 00

994 : FF -> 10

995 : FF -> 00

996 : FF -> 10

997 : FF -> E0

998 : FF -> F9

999 : FF -> 4E

99A : FF -> 04

99B : FF -> 00

99C : FF -> BA

99D : FF -> 61

461B4 : 7C -> F9

461B5 : 35 -> 4E

461B6 : 7D -> 00

461B8 : 14 -> 90

461B9 : 00 -> 09

• 2 years later...

this unibios is avaible at http://unibios.free.fr/ can anyone implement this into the bendermame??

I know that there were verry few jamma carts of SSVS released and no one is willing (yet) to open theres up to dump it.

Indeed, samsh5sp set was dumped from an AES cart "recalled" : that means fatalities were removed to apply the censor causing some bugs.

Due to the pressure generated by the customers to own a genuine product, SNKP released some samsh5sp AES carts with fatalities unlocked & bugs fixed.

Btw, if U don't use Unibios, U can apply the patch made by Wesker from Fightchina to enable fatalities :

990 : FF -> FC

991 : FF -> 33

992 : FF -> 02

993 : FF -> 00

994 : FF -> 10

995 : FF -> 00

996 : FF -> 10

997 : FF -> E0

998 : FF -> F9

999 : FF -> 4E

99A : FF -> 04

99B : FF -> 00

99C : FF -> BA

99D : FF -> 61

461B4 : 7C -> F9

461B5 : 35 -> 4E

461B6 : 7D -> 00

461B8 : 14 -> 90

461B9 : 00 -> 09

I know this is an old thread but I've been digging up roms since I got the urge to play some oldschool fighters. I just wanted to thank you for posting this, it's the only thing that got the only samsh5sp rom that worked on my xbox to enable fatalities. I use linux with xmame on my PC and that rom already had working fatalities, but I'd much rather play roms on my TV. Once I figured out the hex editor, it was pretty easy.