Is GBA dead?

NeoMaster

Honestly, I think the GBA release list is still looking better than the DS'. PSP will probably smoke DS and then Nintendo can start putting back their effort on the GBA which has a great install base already.

Don't say things your assuming unless your me or someone more respectful.

To almost everyone knows;

Backward compatability = TEH WIN!

My respect level is 1... so it looks like im a few hundred points above you.

me: [_______________________________]

you: [________________________]

Sorry.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the DS will have a fighting chance in the spring with the arrival of the PSP. Sony has a reputation of creating hardware that doesnt last when it takes punishment, so enless they change that, sony is going to have problems.

and there are all the classic games that they can release for the ds that are favorites of all of ours. Golden Eye, Mario 64 (which im hooked on playing right now) as well as Animal Crossing.

So there is going to be a battle with the hand-helds between sony and nintendo, just like there has been with the other systems that they have put out.

One of the biggest complinates that hasn't been fixed yet (and they are VERY VERY aware of the problem and they even said they've done it on purpose) is the square button, it litterly is off the stem button of where it is. They've said players will need to adapt to it. Sheit if the square button is fukked, and they know about it, wouldn't you do something if this was your product?

Besides, as mentioned before in the thread. The lineup for DS Games aren't very good as expected with all new consoles...(With the exception of N64 and PSX cause they had Goldeneye and FF7 released pretty early). So People will most likely not buy the DS for a while until better games come out or something like that.

With a GBA SP only being 70-80 bucks, and a large amount of people already owning one, they may not want to go out and buy another handheld just yet, at twice the price. I think nintendo 3rd party GBA developers will keep making games for at least a year, until they see how well the DS is selling.

To be honest I think (and hope) nintendo will just keep releasing gba games, I have yet to see a title that will make me buy a DS or PSP :)

I'll get a DS tho when a new zelda game is released, or a new mario game ;) (I dont like mario64 :thumbsup:)

Edited by xeno