Is GBA dead?

NeoMaster

It only seemed like yesterday where the GBA was a robust system with tons of great quality games being created for it and every month would be a satisfying game for me to play.

Now it seems with the release of the DS and imminent coming of PSP, the GBA/SP is running dry of software. I've played the Zelda's, Mario's, Pokemon's, Harvest Moon and such but what's left? The most recent game I've enjoyed is Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories that I've still not completed.

But what's left after that? The only thing I can think of right now is Mario Party Advance...dear god please tell me you can do better GBA!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt the GBA will last any longer. Just like any new successor as the GameBoy and the GameBoy Advance. The Gameboy basically died with only 1-10 games to release during the advance era and were all crappy games. It's time to look forward which is the DS. And quite honestly, I'd start looking at the PSP since the DS has no good games out right now. Unless you want to be playing Mario DS all the time, forget the DS as well until the summer.

I highly doubt the GBA will last any longer. Just like any new successor as the GameBoy and the GameBoy Advance. The Gameboy basically died with only 1-10 games to release during the advance era and were all crappy games. It's time to look forward which is the DS. And quite honestly, I'd start looking at the PSP since the DS has no good games out right now. Unless you want to be playing Mario DS all the time, forget the DS as well until the summer.

^^ I have been playing Mario DS a lot :P

Honestly, I think the GBA release list is still looking better than the DS'. PSP will probably smoke DS and then Nintendo can start putting back their effort on the GBA which has a great install base already.

Honestly, I think the GBA release list is still looking better than the DS'. PSP will probably smoke DS and then Nintendo can start putting back their effort on the GBA which has a great install base already.

Don't say things your assuming unless your me or someone more respectful.

To almost everyone knows;

Backward compatability = TEH WIN!

GBA games will still be released for a while, but that's no biggie for a DS owner (yay for backwards compatibility )

As for the PSP, I'm not sure how I feel about yet... I might end up owning one ;)

Don't say things your assuming unless your me or someone more respectful.

To almost everyone knows;

Backward compatability = TEH WIN!

My respect level is 1... so it looks like im a few hundred points above you.