Chinese Names

My Chinese name is Zhuang Yu Cheng.

Zhuang is surname, cannot be chosen.

Yu means jade.

Cheng as in cheng xiang (prime minister).

BTW, I partially agree with Ryuken. Having an english name translated to Chinese sounds lame.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just normal to whoever want to know what their names would be like or called if their names being pronounced using Chinese or whatever language would be.

First and the second one is your name being pronounced in Chinese. Prefer the second and the first is pretty weird, especially the word 'shu' in the last word.

well  the names above are just how u would say ur name  but written in chinese instead, Di for the first chinese word, pe for the second word, and sh for the last chinese word. it's kinda stupid that u ask them to write ur name in chinese cuz,well i just think it's stupid. anyway here's how u would say my real chinese name, Wu-Ka-Him

胡嘉謙

What's so stupid about getting your name written in another language? Obviously, you aren't much of a cultural person. At multi-cultural festivals they have booths where people write your name in their native language and people flock to them because it's interesting.

well cuz most of the time the words that makes up the word that make any sense and just doesn't sound right in chinese, it's kinda like saying ur name with a chinese accent so it's kinda stupid. that's y i have a chinese name and a english name

I second that. I don't have a Chinese name, but I have a Japanese name. I'm not really Japanese, but I have a Japanese name anyway because the teacher made us choose one. English words just sound stupid in Japanese.

well  the names above are just how u would say ur name  but written in chinese instead, Di for the first chinese word, pe for the second word, and sh for the last chinese word. it's kinda stupid that u ask them to write ur name in chinese cuz,well i just think it's stupid. anyway here's how u would say my real chinese name, Wu-Ka-Him

胡嘉謙

What's so stupid about getting your name written in another language? Obviously, you aren't much of a cultural person. At multi-cultural festivals they have booths where people write your name in their native language and people flock to them because it's interesting.

well cuz most of the time the words that makes up the word that make any sense and just doesn't sound right in chinese, it's kinda like saying ur name with a chinese accent so it's kinda stupid. that's y i have a chinese name and a english name

I second that. I don't have a Chinese name, but I have a Japanese name. I'm not really Japanese, but I have a Japanese name anyway because the teacher made us choose one. English words just sound stupid in Japanese.

Hey at least japanese can actually write a foreign name in their language and make sense. If you see katakana, you know its something foreign. Although I must say my name sounds pretty dumb in japanese. In chinese its much harder to figure out what the hell you are trying to say as it could be phoeneticized all sorts of ways. If I wanted to write something in Chinese, I would proably just put my name in English so as not to be confusing.

Yeah, katakana is actually very versatile; sure, it's not the asme as english perse and sounds a bit off, but it makes the language easier to understand, surprisingly. (and by this I mean japanese not english).

I'll say this now, if you plan on learning japanese just for the anime, your better off hanging your self.

So true, someone should file a petition about banning anime forums.. seriously, nowadays.. the stupidity is far too overwhelming, and I'm too sick of this sheit.

I'll say this now, if you plan on learning japanese just for the anime, your better off hanging your self.

So true.

I'm not completely against anime forums, since some boards are far from blatantly stupid fanboy lairs.