New MAMEoX

BritneysPAIRS

I would like all 3 =P hehehehe

there is quite a bit more in it than is mentioned here. Its up to Ebs to tell you.

Quick question will you guys want a large build 50 odd megs with all features EG highscores keymaps cheats and other stuff or just the a small build 10 megs or so and you compile all the other stuff we have fine tuned and compiled with combined experiences of the long term posters on xbox emulation.

Or a super version of about 120 megs that most top screenshots samples artwork etc plus all mentioned above (basically just add roms)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changes made to "bendermame 21.01.05"

1. Fixed screenshot aspect ratio in simple mode.

2. Clones now use screenshot of parent rom. (ala Mame32)

3. BACK button now cycles through sort modes (by name, by manufacturer etc.)

4. Changed UI background from Light Grey to Black.

5. Flicker filter set to 5 and soften off by default.

6. Debug.log logging removed.

7. Minor improvements made to skin and UI.

With regards to settings, there were some that I felt should be set to default.

1. VSYNC enabled

2. Frameskip set to AUTO

3. Skip Disclaimer and Gameinfo

4. Artwork = Backdrops only

5. ForceVMM set to False (to force VM.txt)

6. Default display mode set to Simple List (with screenshots)

Couple of things I'm currently working on...

1. True Favourites list.

2. Ability to change Flicker filter/soften via options menu.

So there you have it. Like I said these are only minor improvements, not exactly earth shattering! As I get more familiar with the code, I'll see what other stuff could be improved upon and report here with the details.

I like the idea of the XML file for the display name of Roms. I'll have a look into it and see what I can do. sounds like a challenge :P

Would it be possible to have games display in their correct aspect ratio as they do in MAME-X? Games like MK for instance should be slightly letterboxed not stretched to fill the screen.

The aspect ratio option MAMEoX currently has seems to only effect vertical games.

still looking at second screenshot with clones now using parent screenshot this makes the screenshot less than 3000 it is under consideration. :thumbsup1:

ill update todo list some time soon with quite a few more requests from source forge some are good.

some are rubbish so I wont post them and some are going to be there but be 2 hard.

Would it be possible to have games display in their correct aspect ratio as they do in MAME-X? Games like MK for instance should be slightly letterboxed not stretched to fill the screen.

The aspect ratio option MAMEoX currently has seems to only effect vertical games.

I saw a similar request on xb scene about this issue. I've had a look at the source where the aspect ratio is configured, but unfortunately I think this partiular issue is out of my range. I'll keep looking though. Obviously mameox is using the correct width settings for game, but not the height...easier said than done though.

can you add this to your todo list?

-add 2nd folder for screenshots

I did think about this, but as BritneysPAIRS says, the clone roms account for most of the supported MAME sets and mameox now uses parent screenshots for the clone sets. This means we could have screenshots showing for every game and not need a second screenshot folder. it's still worth considering though.

As for an update. the 'favourites' list has now been implemented, although it is a bit of a shameless hack. I replaced the 'filter disliked' option with 'show favourites' this option displays only Roms you've rated as 'favourite'. Also replaced 'Strongly Liked' with 'Favourite' in the rating categories.

Not the cleanest way of doing the favourites list, but it does the job :P

I'm also working on implementing support for the HISTORY.DAT

displaying this in-game is out of the question really, as it just eats up that much needed memory. Support exists in the current mameox source for the HISTORY.DAT there's just no way of displaying it at the moment. I'm thinking of displaying it in the 'detailed' view instead of a screenshot as the 'simple' view now supports screenshots, but it'll be some time off yet.

REQUESTS

***** UI requests *****

More than one MAMEoX change save game name its 4d414d45 now change name

Suppress ALL notices or error messages (press OK to continue) needs to go

Favourite list

Support for History.dat in UI not in game will kill memory

Command line support (XPort has written notes on this)

Amount of time played stats for games

Button configuration/rearrangement in UI

***CANCELED*** Adding an additional screenshots directory (not needed with Screenshots from Clones)

Recursive rom directory searching

Update Help

***** Driver requests *****

Before MAMEoX.72 for MK1 MK2 MK3 Rampage world tour NBA Jam and Narc or sound dissabled for these games both ways will make it play way faster

90 drivers

Full romcenter clm dats

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If esby wasnt so fast I can put a few of these in myself..... what will happen is we will do as much interface work as we can and release

then anyone can use with old rom set.

then hope someone with skills can pick up updating driver stuff......who knows may look in to it or maybe esby might he says hes not good but hes to fast for me to keep up with :P

Edited by BritneysPAIRS