In need of a serious update

As most of you know, I dumped my old ibm for a new computer. So I figured I'd switch over to Mame now that I can run it. However most of my roms don't work. I guess my crc's don't match (speaking of mame32k 0.64) which I think is the case. When I load a rom a window displays files that are missing or whatever.

I know I should know more about this stuff considering I post at this site...but my I haven't udated my emu's in so long...I guess I don't even know where to start. I don't even know if it's a crc problem. In any case, as of now I'm using Kawaks 1.47. I just wanted to see if some of those roms would work on the mame version I mentioned before...

EDIT: Crap...should have read the rules more carefully. This doesn't belong here since it would kind of fall under emulator help...oh well just delete it. :huh:

Edited by Sturmvogel

MAME 0.64 is old as hell and the rom sets have changed. Hell, some ROMs that work in Kawaks 1.49 don't work in 1.51.:-/

I suggest you use RomCenter and compare you ROM sets to the MAME dat to see how much you are missing.

MAME 0.64 is old as hell and the rom sets have changed. Hell, some ROMs that work in Kawaks 1.49 don't work in 1.51.:-/

I suggest you use RomCenter and compare you ROM sets to the MAME dat to see how much you are missing.

Hmm...I was on Kaillera and a lot of the emu's being used were mame32k 0.64 april 2003 i thinnk. Now I know that doesn't mean that its the latest Mame version but...

Yeah...stopped using Romcenter a long time ago, since all I used was mostly NRX and Kawaks a little bit. I guess I'll give it a try...but I know that my roms are for the most part in working order.