is there a win95 emu for xp?

Prican25

well i bought a elmo game (Elmo ’s World Pets, Food, Telephones) for my niece but i ran into a prob: the game plays the intro fine but theres no sound when in the program and it turns out the problem is due to xp's sp1 :clapping:

so i'm wondering it there a win95 emu of sort that works in xp?

Well there is Virtual PC by Microsoft and VMware. You'll have to install Win95 in those programs. Of course you have to get the programs and magical keys which unlock the goodies inside. :clapping:

I would suggest trying Virtual PC since it's supposed to be faster. You need a good computer to do that though since you are emulating an entire operating system within an operating system.

I didn't quite follow what was the cause of the problem Prican. So the operating system on your niece's computer is WinXP? And you say the sound is not working due to Service Pack 1. Well...then uninstall SP1 and see if it works. Just seems kinda obvious to me...but I'm no computer guru by any means.

i went to the site that had support for the game and it said that sp1 for xp and sp4 for win2000 cause the problem with the game cutting off its sound after its intro.

i tried all the compatiblity modes and get the same results and i am using sp2