problems with video on kawaks

How many MB's is your current on board Video card ?

Seriously...I think it's your video card. Up till about a month ago, I'd been using 7 year old ibm (amd k6 300mhz 64mb ram) and it had an ATI Rage II 2mbs graphics card!! It ran kawaks and other emu's perfectly.

If possible you should get a new comp....but you probably can't afford that. Shoot for a low end graphics card. Save up little by little and you'll get it in no time.

Seriously...I think it's your video card. Up till about a month ago, I'd been using 7 year old ibm (amd k6 300mhz 64mb ram) and it had an ATI Rage II 2mbs graphics card!! It ran kawaks and other emu's perfectly.

I think I had the same card on my old machine, but I think it had 1MB of memory... Needless to say, the only thing I could ever get in 3D was the spinnig cube in the Direct3D test.

Coupling it with a Voodoo 1 helped a bunch though.

I think I had the same card on my old machine, but I think it had 1MB of memory... Needless to say, the only thing I could ever get in 3D was the spinnig cube in the Direct3D test.

SLI Voodoos = the win!

SLI Voodoos = the win!

My machine couldn't handle Voodoo 2 SLI, otherwise it would have owned. :(