problems with video on kawaks

I'm having problems with kawaks. When I run the program, I get no video display! Where the Capcom vs SNK graphic would be, there is a transparent hole. Whatever is on the screen behind it is visible, and if I drag the window around, it takes that image with it.

The 'load rom' screen works, and it will actually load the rom. I can hear the sounds but still get no video display.

I'm running a 598 mHz Pentium with integrated graphics and Windows XP. Anyone know how to fix this problem? I would love to play Neo Geo games on my computer without having to resort to Rage X (not that there's anything wrong with that, I just don't want to have to rename all of my roms).

It know that some versions of kawaks are a bit sketchy on machines that have and integrate graphics card. I don't know which version or what chips are the culprits.

So yeah, try different version and try Nebula also.

All versions of Kawaks behave the same way for me (145, 146, 148d, 150,152,153). Changing the video memory allocation doesn't help, nor does going to full screen.

My computer is able to run Nebula, and even MAME (although it takes ten minutes to load a rom). I've never tried FBA. Having run various emus on other computers, I just like Kawaks the best. Oh well.

Thanks for the ideas.

How are you so sure that kawaks run's with Integrated Graphics? I had a $100 computer like that once when I first started running rom's and emu's, no luck for me ethier, and yes I was running with IG. But I transfered the roms and emu's by burning disc's on this computer and it wasnt kawaks...

How are you so sure that kawaks run's with Integrated Graphics? I had a $100 computer like that once when I first started running rom's and emu's, no luck for me ethier, and yes I was running with IG. But I transfered the roms and emu's by burning disc's on this computer and it wasnt kawaks...

Well, my old celeron 333mhz had an integrated graphics card and it ran kawaks just fine. Maybe try installing updated drivers?