Drunk Birds Crash Into Building's Glass

Alpha

COLUMBIA, S.C. - Dozens of birds, drunk from eating holly berries, crashed into the glass of an office building and died earlier this week.

"It was like an Alfred Hitchcock movie," worker Denise Wilkinson said. "It was spooky. You could hear them where they flew into the glass."

Warm weather and an ample supply of berries attracted hundreds of cedar waxwings into the enclosed courtyard of the three-story building Tuesday,

The birds began getting drunk on the berries. They got so loopy that some were falling off branches and others were slamming into the glass walls that enclose the courtyard, said Burgess Mills, the building's owner.

About half of the 100 birds that slammed into the building died, workers said.

Groundskeepers have tried to help the birds by putting tape on windows or nets over the holly trees to keep them from eating the berries, Mills said.

Well.. they don't seem to have an FUI (Flying Under the Influence).. or maybe they do for airplanes? :D

Oh well.. this is still some story. :)

wasnt there some movie that came out in the 80s and it showed monkeys and elphants and other animals eating rotten mangos and getting drunk? i remeber seeing it as a kid it was so damn funny.. some big as elephants stumbeling around. I think it was called animals are beautifal people.

Edited by Bluestinger X

lol , I remember once I was at a mall, and out of no were a bird flew right in front of my head and hit the wall next to me, it just layed there for 3 seconds and I felt like having a heartattack. Then it just got up and flew away, pretty scary sh**

I remeber back in arizona me and some friends were driving down this dirt road in the middle of the night.. there was these weird birds sitting beside the road.. u could barely see them sept when the headlights hit there eyes u would see them glowing.. it was kinda creepy. Anyways everytime we passed one they kept jumping right out in front of the car.. one finaly jump up and hit my friend in the head through his window.. it flapped around the inside of the car untill it broke its neck.. We looked at it. It was like an owl but smaller.. had huge eyes though.

it flapped around the inside of the car untill it broke its neck.. We looked at it. It was like an owl but smaller.. had huge eyes though.

lol ! :(

Dude, thats , lol, omg I just droped my coffee! Anyways, what did you do after this event, im interested in hearing more birds braking there necks