Splitting up the games on Midway collection 2

strikingeuphony

I looked everywhere trying to see if somebody else knew how to do it, but I never found a working solution. Well, I did it myself and it's pretty easy. I practically know nothing compared to the likes of those that frequent this forum so for once I'd like to share if you're interested. If this isn't needed by anyone, just don't reply. Otherwise if anybody wants to know I'd be happy to tell ya.

BTW, anybody know what that "RIP" smiley under my avatar means? What did I doooo?

Edited by strikingeuphony

Why would you wanna do this? I thought about this, tried it on some of the games, but found out you miss out on the options/setting menu on the original Midway Arcade treasures 2 GUI.

I split them up because I don't want 3 gigs worth of stuff from a compilation that only has 400 megs of stuff that I'd play. I also don't need those options, you still get a menu with a few options when you press start in the game. The difficulty slider isn't an issue with me either.

Well, guess 1 person wants to know. :huh:

In the root folder all you're going to need is 2 folders, Classic and Media. No matter what game you're trying to seperate, you'll need the following files in the Classic folder-hdr.sr, mat2.sr, mr2_3.sr, and the.sr file of the game you are trying to play(if it's primal rage, you'll need the prage.sr).

Keep the Media folder exactly the way it was on the disc. The files you'll need in the root folder are mcr2_3.xbe, mcr68k.xbe, and the.xbe of the game you want to seperate(so if it's primal rage, you'd need the prage.xbe). Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3, Narc, Rampage, and Total Carnage all use the jarvos.xbe to load seperate menu for you to pick which game you want. Just pick the one coresponding to the game you seperated.

Then once you're done, you just need to rename the.xbe to default.xbe and change the title to reflect the game you seperated.

Edited by strikingeuphony