FBA-XXX Pro by + T +

+ T +

Yeah I know that is a limitation, I guess I wasn't clear, or maybe there just isn't enough interest. There still should be a way to remove a game from the the game selection menu, not automatically, but maybe by when its highlighted by pressing a button or a combination of buttons so it doesn't come back up, unless you re-activate it.

This shouldn't have anything to do with scanning roms before or you launch it, just a feature of the menu.

Since FBA-XXX only scans a romset when you load it, it can't know which are complete and which are not at the menu screen.

Perhaps you could move any incomplete sets you have out of your active roms folder until such time as they are in a playable state.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old code does seem slightly better than the new in terms of performance.

Ah OK, thanks for explaining :huh:

Just some news for anyone who's interested. It seems the FBA-XXX team would like to have my changes implemented into the next official release. So if you haven't updated your romsets yet, you'd best start now. 

Great news; boy I'm glad I've (almost) finished getting the complete set!

The old code does seem slightly better than the new in terms of performance.

LOL- Actually I take that back. :huh: Yesterday, I compared that same FBA-XXX_PR build to FBA-XXX Pro. The game was Metal Slug 1. In the first level, I distinctly noticed 3 or 4 times when the sound glitched with the PR build. With FBA-XXX Pro I didn't notice a single one. I had Frameskip set to None and CPU Overclock to 200%.

So it looks like I won't be looking at rolling back more code after all. :P

In this case, the full list of the latest games released should be :

jockeygp

jockygpd (decrypted C)

vliner

vlinero (alternate set)

kof2001

kof2k1nd (non encrypted P, decrypted C)

kof2001h (alternate set, AES version)

kof2001b (bootleg)

kf2k1pls (bootleg set 1)

kf2k1pa (bootleg set 2)

cthd2003 (bootleg)

ct2k3sp (bootleg)

mslug4

mslug4nd (non encrypted P, decrypted C)

ms4plus (bootleg)

rotd

rotdnd (non encrypted P, decrypted C)

kof2002

kof2k2nd (unscrambled P, decrypted C)

kof2002b (bootleg)

kf2k2pls (bootleg set 1)

kf2k2pa (bootleg set 2)

kf2k4spe (bootleg)

matrim

matrimnd (unscrambled P, decrypted C)

matrimbl (bootleg)

pnyaa

pnyaad (decrypted C)

mslug5

mslug5nd (non encrypted P, decrypted C)

ms5plus (bootleg)

svcchaos (PCB version)

svchaosa (alternate set, MVS version)

svcnd (non encrypted P, decrypted C, PCB version)

svcboot (bootleg)

svcplus (bootleg set 1)

svcplusa (bootleg set 2)

svcsplus (bootleg)

samsho5

samsh5nd (non encrypted P, decrypted C)

samsho5h (alternate set, AES version)

samsh5bl (bootleg)

kof2003d (decrypted C, PCB version)

kof2003a (alternate set, MVS version) *Px 're not released yet

kof2k3nd (non encrypted P, decrypted C, PCB version)

kof2003b (bootleg)

kof2k3up (bootleg)

kof2k4ex (bootleg)

samsh5sp (AES version recalled)

ss5spnd (non encrypted P, decrypted C, AES version recalled)

*mslug5b (bootleg) is a fake & kf2k4spl (Special Edition Plus) is only a hack.

Edited by Mr.X

jockeygp, kof2002, matrim, ms4plus, rotd are now in MAME (0.92).

MAME uses the same jockeygp, kof2002, matrim, and rotd sets as FBA-XXX Pro so there is no need to update the drivers for these (haven't checked ms4plus).

Thanks for the list Mr.X, I'll be sure to include any missing sets in the next update.

jockeygp, kof2002, matrim, ms4plus, rotd are now in MAME (0.92).

MAME uses the same jockeygp, kof2002, matrim, and rotd sets as FBA-XXX Pro so there is no need to update the drivers for these (haven't checked ms4plus).

The kof2002 rom in FBA-XXX Pro uses different V roms and the rotd set uses a different m1d but appart from that, the other sets are compatible.

The kof2002 rom in FBA-XXX Pro uses different V roms and the rotd set uses a different m1d but appart from that, the other sets are compatible.

FBA-XXX Pro has to use decrypted V ROMs for newer sets like kof2002 and matrim because (for some reason that I can't figure out) the FBA code that decrypts the true encrypted roms crashes on the Xbox >_

The cropped rotd m1d will be used in FBA-XXX Pro as of the next update.

UPDATE: This will probably be the last FBA-XXX Pro update until a new official FBA-XXX build is released. From what I gather both Gogo and Manto are working on seperate builds (!) based on the new FBA PC source. Anyway here's what's new in this build:

- Added the following new clones; jockeygpd, vlinero, svcnd, kof2k3nd

- Decrypted roms now use naming conventions from Kawaks and FBA PC (Use the DATs to rename)

- rotdd, mslug4d, and pnyaad (Decrypted C sets) now use correct encrypted V ROMs.

- Fixed static sound in pnyaa (encrypted set)

- Fixed P decryption in mslug5d

- Added fix to get sound from new MAME kof2001 decrypted M ROM (code by FerchogtX)

- Several Neo-Geo driver updates and some updated set names

- Removed unnecessary VMM code from Cave drivers (possible performance boost?)

- Added Fever SOS driver from latest FBA

- Patched out HW test in Ghouls 'n' Ghosts so it now starts instantly instead of taking forever (code from IQ's forum)

- Re-added SF2 Turyu hack

- Some other small fixes

And finally an apology to those of you who like to play around with debug drivers. I've ditched the preliminary Sega stuff. I've been meaning to do this for a while. They weren't really good for much beyond novelty value. Use MAMEoX instead. :rofl:

Edited by + T +

Logiqx updated his Neo*Geo dat.

Btw, why don't FBa-XXX & FBa-XXX Pro support secondary bootlegs such as svcboot, svcplus, svcplusa, kof2002b & kof2k2pa ?

Why R the roms assigned with svcsplus decrypted ?

R matrimnd Px decrypted ? Coz Px crc32 'R the same ones as in the parent set.

Lastly, I thx Gogo Ackman, Manto, the FBa-XXX Team & + T + to spend their free time to add drivers & implement new functions.

Logiqx updated his Neo*Geo dat.

Btw, why don't FBa-XXX & FBa-XXX Pro support  secondary bootlegs such as svcboot, svcplus, svcplusa, kof2002b & kof2k2pa ?

Why R the roms assigned with svcsplus decrypted ?

R matrimnd Px decrypted ? Coz Px crc32 'R the same ones as in the parent set.

Lastly, I thx Gogo Ackman, Manto, the FBa-XXX Team & + T + to spend their free time to add drivers & implement new functions.

Lots of those bootleg sets require adding alot of extra code to descramble the C ROMs and such. I really don't think enough ppl use them to make it worth the effort of trying to get them all working.

Personally I don't see the point in any emu supporting bootlegs that don't change the game at all. I very much doubt that we'll see these kinds of sets officially supported by MAME (since matrimbl isn't). I won't remove the ones that are already there but I certainly don't want to add any more.

svcsplus uses decrypted roms simply because they work just as well and load alot quicker and (as I said above) I don't want to spend time trying to get the svcboot descrambling code working. I could add an svcplus if ppl really wanted it, but it also would have to be based on the decrypted C ROMs.

Thanks for letting me know about the problem with matrimnd's P ROMs. That was an oversight on my part. I'll upload a fixed patch and DATs soon. :P