FBA-XXX Pro by + T +

+ T +

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are your version based on source code of a prev version or the latest version?

If it's the latest version, I will just use your source to compile.

Coz my MAMEoX also use the latest and most correct sets.(orignal encrpted p and decrypted c/v)

I'm a little lazy to edit the source code myself :thumbsup1:

Edited by HK$

Couldnt you have like seprate DAT files: one with all the hacked rom sets along with standards and the other just without the hacked sets. Personally I would like to have hacked sets on my FBA and im kinda of a completeist kinda person.

Edited by The Raincheck

I think we are all completeist kinda people...lol

ive been fixing my sets for 2 days to get the complete thraxen set...dont have NG's so its really tough getting from http

where are the S roms?????

and m1d's when i need them

also, mslug4.zip the main rom has gfx errors on the "Warning screen" the first screen shown when booted...but everything else seems fine in the game

also, (part2) when i change the "coin" button to "black" button it doesnt change for neogeo...only cps1,2,others...i think gog fixed this in his latest sources...can you look at this?

thanx +T+ :thumbsup1:

Edited by sammaz

Are your version based on source code of a prev version or the latest version?

Both and neither :thumbsup1:. I'm using a combination of older and newer code. I wouldn't just blindly update to a whole new version since (no offence to Gogo) some of the recent changes have broken as much as they've fixed. Some I add to my build and some I don't.

also, mslug4.zip  the main rom has gfx errors on the "Warning screen"  the first screen shown when booted...but everything else seems fine in the game

I believe it has been this way in all previous versions too. I will take a look at the code though and see if it's anything obvious.

also, (part2) when i change the "coin" button to "black" button it doesnt change for neogeo...only cps1,2,others...i think gog fixed this in his latest sources...can you look at this?

I thought I'd already implemented the fix from the latest version. I tried it out briefly at the time and everything seemed fine. I'll give it another try though and see what happens.

Edited by + T +

UPDATE: Fixed problem reported on Gogo's forum where playing certain CPS2 games more than once resulted in a black screen. >_

Completely re-implemented coin/start button mapping code from latest FBA-XXX. Should work fine now.

Hmmm, spent the last week getting the complete romset but upon playing a few games they seem to run slower with more sound and slowdown probs than an old FBA-XXX PR build I've got :D

Anyone have any suggestions as to why? I did a side by side on Metal Slug 4 and the old PR build runs it better on both Xboxes I tried...

The old code does seem slightly better than the new in terms of performance. I originally based my build on the source of that same FBA-XXX_PR build (the VMM routines in Pro come from that version), but I found there were drawbacks. The textfix code that enables transparencies in games like SVC Chaos and KOF2003 would not work in this older version, nor would the svcsplus driver. So I had no choice but to try and strike a balance between old code and new, performance and compatibility.

I haven't tested this but see if setting frameskip to Off makes a difference.

Just some news for anyone who's interested. It seems the FBA-XXX team would like to have my changes implemented into the next official release. So if you haven't updated your romsets yet, you'd best start now. :blink:

This doesn't mean I'm going to stop working on FBA-XXX Pro, since it will continue to use its existing codebase rather than the new one and I like being able to update at a moment's notice if a new rom/XOR/whatever is released. But any future changes I make will probably be in the official build eventually as well.

In fact, I'm now considering rolling back the codebase of this build even further to try and regain some lost performance.

This is just a feature request if possible, I would like a way to remove/ add games to your list of what displays available, This would come in handy so if you have any incomplete sets you don't ahve to have them show up, so people don't launch them, or if you have multiple games and you only want u.s. roms to show etc.....Also I have tons of versions for example of samurai showdown 5, and only a few of them seem to work some get bank errors etc....I don't want people with less knowledge than me running these and comlaining to me =P (AE my wife and family).....Keep up the great work!

Since FBA-XXX only scans a romset when you load it, it can't know which are complete and which are not at the menu screen.

Perhaps you could move any incomplete sets you have out of your active roms folder until such time as they are in a playable state.