Is Japan becoming a bunch of fascists?

Wizard

I really think discussing it's education model (it does bring up some points) is good, but it is totally another topic on it's own. Let's not get away from the issue at hand. The fact that citizians from other countries and forign country born japanese are treated with disrespect.

[wikipedia information] That's just the jist of it. Especially when someone who is born from Japanese parents but concived in another part of the world experience the very same disrespectful actions(at times) as a someone from America would recive if they entered a bar or one of those public spring places.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[shameless plug]A topic was started at 2Emu about how Japanese mothers perform fellatio on their children to get them to do better in school. [/shameless plug]

Old.

Every country has it's faults, that's given, but I'd still like to see places like Tokyo and the japanese countryside with my own eyes. Sure, my expectations of what these two might be like comes mostly from anime, but traveling broadens horizons anyway, so it doesn't matter so much.

Japanese schools are indeed grueling, so I wouldn't want to study there.

I really think discussing it's education model (it does bring up some points) is good, but it is totally another topic on it's own. Let's not get away from the issue at hand. The fact that citizians from other countries and forign country born japanese are treated with disrespect.

[wikipedia information] That's just the jist of it. Especially when someone who is born from Japanese parents but concived in another part of the world experience the very same disrespectful actions(at times) as a someone from America would recive if they entered a bar or one of those public spring places.

Indeed. It's typical experience for many Korean Japanese whose family have been in Japan for generations, to be discriminated against. As well as other individuals with mixed heritage. In particular, they have it the worst, since many of them want to go back to Korea, but face many hurdles being that they are not culturally Korean, speak little of the language. So they cannot assimilate back in. In Japan, their are schools which those of Korean descent attend...and we haven't even mentioned foreigners yet hhehehe...

Despite being a modern industrial country, many remnants of class stratifcation exist from past periods in Japan's history. Their views in general on foreigners are not expected to be as positive.

Anyways, I wish I was a japense dude, considering there the best country in the world right now, US sucks ass
how is japan the best country in the world? :rolleyes:

I've heard this attitude a lot, and my only explanation for it is that the grass is always greener on the other side. Most americans don't know a hell of a lot about Japan, except for ninjas and bushido and video games, so it's easy to idealize it as some exotic wonderland where everything is cool.

I know about that, and I think it looks cool too. But I meant like..the stuff about their economy and recessions and shiit like that

The conversation has moved on, but just to clear things up - I meant about what Drake said.

People tend to think that Japan (or other countries for that matter) are amazing when they are really just longing for their own ideal version.

Basically, I was agreeing with you, Weird, but going into detail. :D

i really dont think much has changed.. they have always kinda had it like that over there. Personly i think some things about japan are pretty cool.. such as anime , games and horror flicks.. but personaly id never wana live there. Theres much nicer places in asia... and alot more nicer people as well ( thailand for example :rolleyes: which i may be going to next year). My personal view is just leave them alone.. if they wana be stuck up then oh well. Just make sure they keep it on there tiny island and not anywhere else.

U cant handle but remeber japanese history.. they were after everyone at one time. they still believe someday they will take over chine.. which i find unlikely lol.

Edited by Bluestinger X

Anyways, I wish I was a japense dude, considering there the best country in the world right now, US sucks ass
how is japan the best country in the world? :rolleyes:

I've heard this attitude a lot, and my only explanation for it is that the grass is always greener on the other side. Most americans don't know a hell of a lot about Japan, except for ninjas and bushido and video games, so it's easy to idealize it as some exotic wonderland where everything is cool.

I know about that, and I think it looks cool too. But I meant like..the stuff about their economy and recessions and shiit like that

The conversation has moved on, but just to clear things up - I meant about what Drake said.

People tend to think that Japan (or other countries for that matter) are amazing when they are really just longing for their own ideal version.

Basically, I was agreeing with you, Weird, but going into detail. :D

sorry about that

I didn't get any sleep last night cause...idk why

here's what i think, school in Japan is hard and most people go crazy or just don't do anythin(same for most countries in asia), school in the US is easy, and people don't do anything anyway. that explain y mosy average asain are smarter than Americans but the way Americans teach make really smart people but not a lot.

so moving from the US to Japan would not e kool if ur still in school and if u don't have a lot of money, i say this because they have almost everything that's consider kool in there and if u can't get them then u'll be one of those unkool loser in school, but since ur from the US, they might think ur kool since they like US. ( how they keep drawing anime char. white)

here's what i think, school in Japan is hard and most people go crazy or just don't do anythin(same for most countries in asia), school in the US is easy, and people don't do anything anyway. that explain y mosy average asain are smarter than Americans but the way Americans teach make really smart people but not a lot.

so moving from the US to Japan would not e kool if ur still in school and if u don't have a lot of money, i say this because they have almost everything that's consider kool in there and if u can't get them then u'll be one of those unkool loser in school, but since ur from the US, they might think ur kool since they like US. ( how they keep drawing anime char. white)

Muahahaha, what a good view on those Jap :rolleyes:

there suicide rate over there is pretty bad isnt it? since they have so much pressure to suceed.

well i guess it's high for countries that actually try to teach too much