Is Japan becoming a bunch of fascists?

Wizard

Anyways, I wish I was a japense dude, considering there the best country in the world right now, US sucks ass
how is japan the best country in the world? <_<

I've heard this attitude a lot, and my only explanation for it is that the grass is always greener on the other side. Most americans don't know a hell of a lot about Japan, except for ninjas and bushido and video games, so it's easy to idealize it as some exotic wonderland where everything is cool.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, I wish I was a japense dude, considering there the best country in the world right now, US sucks ass

I've heard this attitude a lot, and my only explanation for it is that the grass is always greener on the other side. Most americans don't know a hell of a lot about Japan, except for ninjas and bushido and video games, so it's easy to idealize it as some exotic wonderland where everything is cool.

I know about that, and I think it looks cool too. But I meant like..the stuff about their economy and recessions and shiit like that

I know about that, and I think it looks cool too. But I meant like..the stuff about their economy and recessions and shiit like that

One thing I know for sure, most of the 3rd World countries would love to go to either US, Japan or UK. THey can make big bucks there.

But of cos, they will get exploited too :(

And this statement is based on what? Your undying love for japanese video games?

No, the fact that the japense econemy is high, the school's are great to learn what I love, and and the love for video games is just a add-on to the wonderfull country, and who here disagress with me that the US sucks?

:rolleyes:

And this statement is based on what? Your undying love for japanese video games?

No, the fact that the japense econemy is high, the school's are great to learn what I love, and and the love for video games is just a add-on to the wonderfull country, and who here disagress with me that the US sucks?

This has to be the most stupid statement I have ever seen.

If you read and study economy, you will know that Japan's economy is on the slump. The schooling system in Asia (and especially Japan) has to be the most torturing and punishing system in the world that will drive people going suicidal. Man, you just in it for the videogames, isn't it? :D Grow up!

Edited by L.S.D

I think many of the serious points made on 4ch are valid. From the little time I've spent studying the history and language, and I'm sure most of you know, Japan is in some ways very isolated, despite the rapid modernization and westernization it went though. I think that article is bit overblown. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Economy high? The Japanese economy isn't doing so hot, it has some nice exports but they're going through a recession. You wouldn't survive a day in their schools.

I disagree with some of the US policies but the country in no means sucks.

If you read and study economy, you will know that Japan's economy is on the slump. The schooling system in Asia (and especially Japan) has to be the most torturing and punishing system in the world that will drive people going suicidal. Man, you just in it for the videogames, isn't it? :D Grew up!

You mean "Grow up" LSD :P

Anyways, since 2001, the Japanese economy has been dropping, and it just keeps on doing so slowly. A great example is the wrestling community there, the big draws for the local crowd is barely 2400 people, they'd be happy if they just hit 1000. And no, "wrestling is crap" doesn't work here. Because it's just one of the many things that earns money in Japan, it has international fans, but the main draw is some stupid sheit called the WWE. Onto the school system, it's really is frightening. Parents will do anything for their children to get into a decent school. Children will go no length like their parents to achive the status. Teens sleeping with teachers and divorced mothers having sex with the same teachers just to get some grades up to move on.

If you read and study economy, you will know that Japan's economy is on the slump. The schooling system in Asia (and especially Japan) has to be the most torturing and punishing system in the world that will drive people going suicidal. Man, you just in it for the videogames, isn't it? :D Grew up!

You mean "Grow up" LSD :P

Anyways, since 2001, the Japanese economy has been dropping, and it just keeps on doing so slowly. A great example is the wrestling community there, the big draws for the local crowd is barely 2400 people, they'd be happy if they just hit 1000. And no, "wrestling is crap" doesn't work here. Because it's just one of the many things that earns money in Japan, it has international fans, but the main draw is some stupid sheit called the WWE. Onto the school system, it's really is frightening. Parents will do anything for their children to get into a decent school. Children will go no length like their parents to achive the status. Teens sleeping with teachers and divorced mothers having sex with the same teachers just to get some grades up to move on.

I don't think it's meaningful to go into such occurrances Wiz. Japan definately has issues in regards to extreme societal pressures on its citizens. One could just as easily mention U.S. problems...or the manifestations of them. I think what one can say about Japan is that as a people they have alot going for them. Their population is highly educated, and their students are among some of the best educated in the world. In addition, the general infrastructure is very efficient. But at what cost is this all attained? This is a problem that they are facing and have been dealing with for quite some time. In addition to their rapidly aging workforce.