Future tech and Cell PE

Leathel

I think this cell term is being over hyped in the ps3.. its only getting around 4.7 ghz right? isnt there proccessors already in the works by amd that are getting those speeds? If the cell technology is such a big deal it sounds like the ps3 is getting the low point of it. soo every time i hear this term CELL all im hearing is hype hype.

I think this cell term is being over hyped in the ps3.. its only getting around 4.7 ghz right? isnt there proccessors already in the works by amd that are getting those speeds? If the cell technology is such a big deal it sounds like the ps3 is getting the low point of it. soo every time i hear this term CELL all im hearing is hype hype.

It's called an "overclocked p4 with kick ass cooling."

If your an amd person, then an "overclocked 3800+ with crazy mad cooling."

Intel is basically in the works to skip 4ghz altogether and just hit 5. Now let's see them get the cooling down and i'd actually start caring about them again.

HYPE I TELL U HYPE!!!

its just like last time.. they were saying stuff like the ps2 could control guided missles and stuff. lol

hah, i remember that, although technically it can with the right software and hardware support.

/me flies back

THE PAIN!!

But yeah, those two words put me back in place when I start thinking this CELL could actually be THAT revolutionary. But you have to admit for being 300 mhz, the PS2 processor is quite advanced.

If CELL is as hard to develop for as was Emotion Engine then forget about seeing really awesome crap for a while. You'll see basically what other consoles will provide.

Exactly. Even if the hardware is kickass (like the sega saturn), there are great odds that if it's hard to program for (like the sega saturn) it will flop worse than John Kerry (like the sega saturn).

/me flies back

THE PAIN!!

But yeah, those two words put me back in place when I start thinking this CELL could actually be THAT revolutionary. But you have to admit for being 300 mhz, the PS2 processor is quite advanced.

The Emotion Engine is the best use out of a 433mhz CPU. Then again, it WAS specficically optimized for just a few things. Rendering crap and crashing.

iq, that was by far the 2nd greatest thing i've read today.