Now thay you've posted your pics

ritzi

Got an update. talked to one of my undergrad lawyer friends about ROMS and he said that it's LEGAL if you use the ROMS for personal use. but if you use the roms to make money, NOW THAT is illegal..

now lemme get back to samsho5.......

Its always been that way. Its just those whores that burn the mame cds and get money cause of it. Cause ppl have slow downloads or waste their time cause mame versions pop up like bunnies.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rom images are illegal even in personal use, unless you've dumped the rom yourself from a cart/arcade board/CD-ROM you own.

hehhe just make a lame excuse that the arcade you own got stolen or something....

i though Canada is strict regarding to piracy..

Got an update. talked to one of my undergrad lawyer friends about ROMS and he said that it's LEGAL if you use the ROMS for personal use. but if you use the roms to make money, NOW THAT is illegal..

That's horribly false. ROMs are only legal if you own the game and dump it yourself.

That's horribly false. ROMs are only legal if you own the game and dump it yourself.

what if it's a cd and you rip it yourself, or if you have the propper BIOS on a machine, but you download the BIOS anyways cause you don't have dumping equipment?

what if it's a cd and you rip it yourself, or if you have the propper BIOS on a machine, but you download the BIOS anyways cause you don't have dumping equipment?

That's a gray area, IMO.

Yeah, that's why emulation will always be iffy atleast for not dead systems. Hell, you can find the Playstation bios on some completely legal driver/bios download sites.

Well, if I go back to Weirdy's example.... I think it would be categorized as illegal only if someone could prove that you've downloaded the BIOS from the net, even if you do own it. But then again... Fuck, it's complicated.