Nintendo letting others use their characters?

NeoMaster

What do you think about Nintendo allowing other companies using their Characters?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So basically, it started with Link in Soul Caliber 2. Not only was it an amazing addition, it forced me to buy a game for the Cube which I rarely do. Now Nintendo has allowed other companies to include their characters in various games such as:

New DDR with Mario and Luigi

Mario, Luigi, and Peach in NBA Street Volume 3

Little Mac in Fight Night Round 2

First of all, I think it's a great idea. The cube always get shagged with multi console releases and giving incentives such as mentioned above is sure to garner the Cube as the most popular choice. I think it is also a nifty trick for Nintendo to get consumers to buy the GC specific version, a very smart move that has been a big surprise for me...

HOWEVER, I hate it because I love my PS2 and I feel screwed by getting the PS2 versions of these games because I really want my Nintendo Characters...Little Mac is so cool and Super Punch Out!! is going to be included in the GC version of Fight Night 2.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does wonders. This wave of outsourcing their ip`s is great.

Plus, the Gamecube is a system that holds many treasures that most of the market don't want to search for.

I was just watching the Little Mac vid they had for Fight Night Round 2 at IGN. It brought back so much good memories and he kicked the crap out of this dude. Then that old guy with the mustache appears at the end and says..."Yay, yay"

IMHO it is an awesome idea by Nintendo as this sets their version of the game apart from the other consoles.

You only have to see the sales of the NGC version of Soul Calibur 2 compared to the other versions to see that the NGC one sold far better.

Nintendo needed something to make people want to get multi platform games on their system. GC titles usually get the shaft due to the small disc size. the big N has to give something to get someone with 2 or more consoles to pick up the GC version of a game.