$7.3 Billion Spent on Games in 2004

Gryph

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding silverster stallon.., I think the video game industry eventually will be able to replace existing movies with RPG technoligy, actor's will soon be out of buisness and all were going to need are radio faces :)

The Video Game industry is nothing more then "feed the mass idiots" now.

Game companies are worth jack sheit without their hardware. ATi and nVidia are making a killing outsourcing and make exclusive hardware. Remember all before, it was just Toshiba doing everyone, now it's...everyone doing Sony.

Sony is a dirty whore if you think about it.

I must agree with K'dash here. ritzi is kind of right but there are some glaring faults in the direction the gaming industry is going now. Right now there's more a "let's make a sequel to this because we know it will sell really well" mentality going on. How many "original" games came out last year? Almost all of the biggest sellers were sequels and they were all going to sell big anyway due to name recognition. And the greater consolidation of developers under giant publishers (instead of the publisher pays semi-independant developer) so far means less and less innovation. What took about 60 years to happen in the movie industry, happened in a little more than 10 in the video game industry. Unless independant developers can come up with original IPs and inventive gameplay mechanics, the industry is going to go farther down the crap hole till it hits rock bottom and all we have to play is Final Fantasy XXV, Madden 2020, The Urbz 1$ and Grand Theft Auto: Johannesburg, South Africa (or GTA:JSA for short).

Ok...enough bitching by me. :)

Unless independant developers can come up with original IPs and inventive gameplay mechanics, the industry is going to go farther down the crap hole till it hits rock bottom and all we have to play is Final Fantasy XXV, Madden 2020, The Urbz 1$ and Grand Theft Auto: Johannesburg, South Africa (or GTA:JSA for short).

lmao, GTA south africa, what a wonder , I think GTA 5 will be crime mobs in JAPAN! Maybe we should all come up with a great video game idea and sent it to a company telling them they can use the idea, maybe us, 1emulation.com, could change video game at least for one company, who knows, it might work!

Maybe we should all come up with a great video game idea and sent it to a company telling them they can use the idea, maybe us, 1emulation.com, could change video game at least for one company, who knows, it might work!

Most video game companies don't allow that. I remember reading why on the Troika FAQ; this is what it says:

Q: Where can I send suggestions for games?

A: We realize that many of you have great ideas for future games, however, our company policy prevents us from accepting, or even reviewing, any unsolicited ideas. The nature of the entertainment industry is such that an idea being submitted will often be identical or similar to one already being considered or developed by us or another company. Because of this, Troika Games® has adopted the policy of refusing to accept or look at any unsolicited submissions or ideas.

And another thing, they're in the game industry because they have ideas and are better than you. It would really dumb for a company to not have any ideas of their own and have to resort to fan submissions. Why don't you go ahead and write up an idea (relinquish your own ideas) and send it to a game company and watch them not give a flock.

I'd kill for GTA London 1969 in 3D.

That would kick major ass.

Heh. Just think about the overall palette of such a game.

Regarding the "less and less innovtion", I just saw this interview with the lead developer of Viewtiful Joe. He said that it makes him mad to see everybody trying to rip-off existing hits or constantly makes sequels; the whole industry lacks innovation, especially in western deelopment houses (I know, this was a generalization on his part, but I sorta agree).