Need some Winamp plugin help

Gryph

I'm looking for a plug in that subdues the vocal but doesn't hinder the instrumental too much. I know it's impossible to strip the vocal track from an MP3 but I'm sure there's something that can do the job somewhat.

I got some plugin from the Winamp website and it blew chunks. But I think it's because of the song I was working with, the lyrics are at a high level with the rest of the intruments. Getting rid of the vocals also took much of the music away so that sucks.

So what you're looking for is basically a karaoke plugin?? Or a vocal reduction plugin?

I remember having a sound card that had an output setting that allowed this...

I'll look around and see what I can find for you. :banghead:

Edited by iq_132

Vocal reduction but most of the ones I came across were karaoke which would do. Thanks for the help. If anyone wants to know what song I'm trying to remove the vocals from is Cell by The Servant. They're not releasing the instrumental for it and I don't want to wait till the Sin City OST comes out.

I've never even heard that such a technique is possible.

Well, technically, it's possible. Some songs have the vocal channel on one side (example: right) while tune is on the other channel. Another way these vocal removing thingies do is just reduce the freqencies of the normal singing voice (various).

I've never even heard that such a technique is possible.

Well, technically, it's possible. Some songs have the vocal channel on one side (example: right) while tune is on the other channel. Another way these vocal removing thingies do is just reduce the freqencies of the normal singing voice (various).

Ah, makes sense then. I've never been too "in" on how audio channels are used.