Half-Life 2: Garry's Mod

Daeval

I found mention of this little Half-Life 2 mod on fileplanet earlier, and have wasted at LEAST 2 hours on it since. It's great stuff.

Basically, it provides a bunch of modified weapons that aren't really weapons, but various ways to screw with the physics. You can:

- Use the manipulator gun that was available in the leaked alpha/E3 demos

- Spawn a bunch of different props with the Q key, including ragdolls

- Attach things with two different types of "rope" or just "weld" them solidly together

- Attach working wheels to just about anything, then control them with a throttle

- Attach manhacks to things and make them pull whatever it is around.

- Attach balloons to things to make them float

etc...

It sounds pointless, and it is, but it's a helluva lot of fun to screw around with. I'm pretty sure you can use the cheats to summon working AI too, for double the fun.

Oh yes, the link: http://www.garry.tv/garrysmod/

Edited by Daeval

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen pics where some guy made a wrestling ring and they were wrasslin....HARDCORE STYLE! CRAZY MOONSAULTS AND BARBWIRE N SHEIT!

what about new single player maps? guess we will have to wait 600 years for vaulve to make us a bunch of kick ass maps again.

Screw it im of to make a pot of tea then im playing half two on hard again.

what about new single player maps? guess we will have to wait 600 years for vaulve to make us a bunch of kick ass maps again.

Screw it im of to make a pot of tea then im playing half two on hard again.

Unless they outsource an expansion pack like the crap-tastic opposing force.

Opposing Force craptastic? I beg to differ. It's one of the only good expansion packs made. But Gabe Newell has said they are working on new episodic content and some special hardcore maps for ATI people.