Husband Commits Suicide, Then Wife Wakes from Coma

Alpha

ROME (Reuters) - An Italian pensioner committed suicide after his wife fell into a coma, but just hours after he killed himself the woman woke up, Italian media reported on Saturday.

Recalling the end of "Romeo and Juliet," the 70-year-old man, Ettore, who had sat by his wife's bedside for four months after she slipped into a coma following a heart attack, finally gave up hope and gassed himself in the garage of his family home.

Less than a day later, his wife, Rossana, woke up in her hospital bed in Padua and immediately asked for him.

The northern town of Padua lies just 40 miles from Verona, where star-crossed lover Romeo killed himself believing Juliet to have died. But minutes later Juliet woke up and seeing Romeo dead, stabbed herself.

This story is probabaly the worst bad luck a person can get. Considering how it relates to the end of Romeo and Juliet as well. When will people ever learn? Suicide is NEVER the answer. :rolleyes:

I feel bad for both of them. If I would have been in the man's shoes, I would probably have lost hope after four months, but I certainly wouldn't have killed myself.

Edited by Agozer