click click click

BoomBa_GoosE

hey guys, i was wonderin if u guys can help me with a question in regards with my ps2. basically im playin a game, and u hear a lot of "clickin" noise as ur playin the game from the machine...

is my drive messed up? dirty? is it bc of my fliptop? if anyone can help me out, thanks a lot. i appreciate it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive had it since august of 2004. at first it usually happened once in awhile when i played burned games. but yesterday, i was playin GTA:SA (real one) and the clickin started. gettin me worried since the system is pretty new since its not even a year old yet....

o and for the burned games, it was DVD+r fujifilm. and the clickin still commenced after i burned GTA:SA today by using Ritek DVD+r. if this still continues, i might as well stop using the flip top, go with a mod. or i ono... ;)

Edited by BoomBa_GoosE

Sorry but, what is a flip top? And it sucks for that to happen to a brand new system. I've had mine for about 2 years now and it hasn't been a bother yet.

IIRC, A Flip-Top == same disc loading mechanism as the PSX. (Open the top/cover by pushing a button, put in the disc, close the cover.)

Edited by Agozer

Sorry but, what is a flip top? And it sucks for that to happen to a brand new system. I've had mine for about 2 years now and it hasn't been a bother yet.

IIRC, A Flip-Top == same loading disc loading mechanism as the PSX. (Open the top/cover by pushing a button, put in the disc, close the cover.)

I've never seen a ps2 like that. Cool.

swapping. u can use a converting swap disk to play backups and imports. basically what it does is that it tricks the system by not allowing it to kno that ur playin a backup or a different region. by using the drive, the system expects an american game or whatever region ur in. so i dont use the drive. only for the swap disc and legit games.

and tho it looks kool, i need to mod it now bc by doing this swapping method, its bound to kill the lens sooner or later...