thinking of building a computer

sf2_ryu

hey guys and girls (if any) well ne ways i was thinking of building my own computer with the help of some friends. well ne ways i was wondering what exactly what kinda stuff would i need to build it. i'm mostly gonna use it for games and internet. so yea if u can plz just tell me what i wpuld need

THNX ;)

First you need to know how much you can spend because that's the most important part.

You'll need the following things:

Case

Motherboard

CPU

RAM

Video Card

DVD/DVD+-RW

Hard drive

Network card/modem

Floppy (yes, you still need a floppy)

Fans

Cables

Motherboard

CPU

RAM

Video Card

DVD/DVD+-RW

Hard drive

Network card/modem

Floppy (yes, you still need a floppy)

Fans

Cables

fixed it for you gryph. Everyone knows it can be a computer with or without a case. A case could be a cardboard box.

If the mobo is equiped with a ethernet your all set. and you can screw the modem. I keep a Floppy drive for apparence now. Everyone knows mine doesn't work.

But he's not a l33t. ;) Right now my Dad's PC's case is a wooden slab, so cool. But yeah, most mobos come with ethernet ports now. I want to get a 5.25" floppy but all my bays are full.

You're kidding right?

No. My Dad's mobo is on a wooden slab right now because it's wasn't working earlier but we fixed it and were too lazy to put it back in the case. We were going to do it tonight but we have to go to some dinner. His backup PC however is in a case, it's an old 300mhz Compaq.

And I really do want a 5.25" floppy drive. It probably won't even be connected but I miss having a B: drive.

No. My Dad's mobo is on a wooden slab right now because it's wasn't working earlier but we fixed it and were too lazy to put it back in the case. We were going to do it tonight but we have to go to some dinner. His backup PC however is in a case, it's an old 300mhz Compaq.

And I really do want a 5.25" floppy drive. It probably won't even be connected but I miss having a B: drive.

I had one of those relics on my Commodore 128. Unfortunately, an ancient virus came with one of the floppies (bought the thing from a friend of mine) = Away goes keyboard commands, and all keys just typed random crap.

My Dad used to have this old Unix machine and it got a virus on it that manifested itself on the screen in form of a caterpiller. It was awesome.

I remember that one; it had multiple DOS variants, but was originally written for *NIX systems.