Rage of the Dragon on FBA-XXX

R-Dincht

Hello

I recently got ahold of Rage of the Dragon (28.5 MB) and I am having trouble trying to run it on Final Burn Alpha XXX (latest version). The problem that I am having is with that scratch sounds being made. When I go to insert coin, it's perfect for that sound effect, but any other sound or music effect comes out all scratchy. I followed most of the help that was offered previously in past posts. I also checked my rom against that of the DAT's that came from FBA XXX (I deleted and retstarted FBA XXX to generate new dats and had them checked against Rom Center) and from what RomCenter could tell me was that everything was correct. Is there another patch I need for sound or whatnot to have it work correctly? Also in the link below, it shows you the CRC's in which RomCenter gave me, so if someone could tell me fi they are wrong or not, could you help me out?

http://www.geocities.com/kazemakase_ran/rotdn.jpg

Edit: Since the first day this message was posted, there have been zero reply's but 29 people viewing this message. I know one person out of the 29 or at least someone knows how to solve this issue.

Edited by R-Dincht

• 2 weeks later...

You're using an old romset. These are the most up-to-date sound roms that my build uses and everything works fine:

{"264-m1d.bin" , 0x020000, 0xC5D36AF9, 0x10}, // 10 Z80 code

{"264-v1d.bin" , 0x800000, 0x2c49f3fa, 2}, // 11 Sound data

{"264-v2d.bin" , 0x800000, 0x967279da, 2}, // 12.

Is 264-m1d.bin(C5D36AF9) correct or 264-m1d.bin(7e06206d) correct?

jb's latest dat said 264-m1d.bin(C5D36AF9) is correct but winkawaks 1.53 use 264-m1d.bin(7e06206d)...

I think I'd better trust razoola and the winkawaks official.

Edited by HK$

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to double the 64kb 7e06206d to see if I would get a 128kb with crc c5d36af9 but it did not, instead it made a 128kb with crc 6c42c47f. Did I just make a simple mistake or...?

It would seem that, if I did it right... then there may be some difference between the 2, since when doubling 7e06.... It does not make c5d36....

Anyone knows how to make c5d36af9... ?

Kind regards..

Thank you , yes.. this works fine....

That leads to another point...why am I adding 000s to a file which is fine how it is - that is well known in MAME and Kawaks... to make it a supposedly "pro" version of fba-xxx... its a bit whacked...especially when i just removed half of P1 to go down from 8mb to 4mb , Im doing the opposite things in the same rom! doh!

It would be nice to have roms that work in bendermameox and fbaxxx...

what would be the difference between the 2 different v roms for this set ?

bendermameox/kawaks

v1 - fa005812

v2 - c3dc8bf0

fbaxxx - pro

v1d - 2c49f3fa

v2d - 967279da

i guess its a stupid question... from the filenames, 1 looks encrypted, fbaxxx-pro decrypted....

seems like to achieve what i want of the games working in both emulators (with the romsets being as neat as possible) - then i must have both encrypted and decrypted archives... taking up my precious diskspace... or dl gigs worth of dev tools, which i may end up doing....