PS3 Cell specs

Sultan

I so want a ps3.

I don't really care which one is more powerful, ps3 is going to have the most and best games available. Ps2 owns XboX big time right now and its not as powerful.

No it doesn't.

Um, yes it does. Check sales figures and numbers of total systems owned worldwide.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I would have to choose I'd get both the PS3 and the next Nintendo console, preferably both. I won't touch a Bill-BOX until Microsoft totally redesigns the look of the BOX and the controller.

Oh and gives the BOX more *good* games.

ps3 is a must for me then maybe xbox 2 since it might be better than nintendo's next console

Eh, it really boils down to the actual releases for each system. So far, Microsoft's first console hasn't impressed me in that field. Sure some of it's releases were good, but still lacking when compared to the PS2 and the CGN.

Meh. give me a dreamcast 2 anyday :rolleyes:

I also want that, but sadly, its not going to happen anytime soon.

ha and who can we blame for that mister sony lover. flock sony they killed the dreamcast and thats why i moved on to the xbox and ngc.

Um, yes it does. Check sales figures and numbers of total systems owned worldwide.

sales figures dont mean crap.. its a bunch of hype bullcrap. They probably have such good sales cause they gota buy another one after there current one breaks. look at the sales figures who has the leads in games? ea everything they flockin make sucks but look at all the money they are makin.

here's my 2cent on this, although I would prefer PS2 over XBOX at the biggining, coming from the PC community back to the console thing was a different experience, I thought XBOX live crap was nothing but a rip-off, but now that I have had an XBOX for a few month and play allot of multiplayer games - on LIVE and LAN, I find this allot more exiting, but still XBOX doesn't have some of my favorite titles, and the graphics for most games are lame. but is good for shooters which is probably all I will use it for =)

Now, I like the Idea the CELL Processing erm... something - (I forgot what they call it) brings to the table, aside from it's amazing specs what the PC2INABOX can't match, just by having the cell unit interconnecting with another cell unit would drastically bring down ping time - This means allot to me, I love to play online with a low ping time, but I'm guessing this would take a while, and wouldn't be so drastic since it would have to go thru a PC somewhere. but it's still a good offer meaning that SONY does plan to go ONLINE Multiplayer action, If they would also have a HDD feature this would complete the circle - This is a BIG minus for me, for the same reason that i came from the PC community to console again - I love to Download other maps - make my own if possible - have all sorts of different scenarios and maps =) it's good.

XBOX2 will have more probles than sony with backwards compatability - I like this feature on PS2 also, since I still play my PSone games once a while, XBOX2 would have to have an embedded emulator or software emulator to be able to read XBOX games, This is also possible to be the same case for PS3 but according to spilled specs if they're true - PS3 has enought and plenty more to do this each cell would be able to deal with the complicated PS2 each sharing or distributing work. XBOX2 will need to really crunch numbers if it's emulation, because of the same reason XBOX is so powerful now and has much more FX than the PS2.

also, a plus for me - would be some sort of link between PSP and PS3 =) cause i already plan to get the PSP regardless of the battery's life time. the technology in this little gadget is supperb. I want it! :rolleyes:

that's my 2cent

I so want a ps3.

I don't really care which one is more powerful, ps3 is going to have the most and best games available. Ps2 owns XboX big time right now and its not as powerful.

No it doesn't.

Please take into consideration the mount of people who has had to buy a second PS2.

Fanboy arguments are so current-generation.  Get over the brand names people, good games come out on all systems, even the fanless Cube.  No amount of fandom is going to predict specs either.  Furthermore, having more than one system in the same generation creates competition, which leads to more innovations for us to enjoy.

I <3 my cube.

edited for grammar.

Edited by K`dash

i still think the backwards compatability stuff is dumb.. what are u gona do throw out ur ps2 when u get a ps3? When i get a xbox 2 i want it for xbox 2 games not orginal xbox games. If i did wana play xbox games id pull them out... since id probably rarely wana play them anyways. I dont get why ps2 people go on so much about that. How often do u play ps1 games compared to ps2 games? Plus u think about it couldnt the ps2 have been cheaper if they just left the ps1 crap out? why pay more when u already got a ps1!!?!?! maybe thats just me though.

ha and who can we blame for that mister sony lover. flock sony they killed the dreamcast and thats why i moved on to the xbox and ngc.

sales figures dont mean crap.. its a bunch of hype bullcrap. They probably have such good sales cause they gota buy another one after there current one breaks. look at the sales figures who has the leads in games? ea everything they flockin make sucks but look at all the money they are makin.

I'm sureee sales figures don't mean anything. Like, who care how much market share you own and how popular software sales are on a system?

And it doesn't matter how many ps2 systems were rebought, fact is sony has the largest install base, that's why more developers choose to produce games for the system.

It wasn't Sony's fault that dreamcast went under, Sega rushed the system and wasn't prepared for the ps2 and thus lost support because the dreamcast lacked power and used a crappier format for discs.

I'm sureee sales figures don't mean anything. Like, who care how much market share you own and how popular software sales are on a system?

And it doesn't matter how many ps2 systems were rebought, fact is sony has the largest install base, that's why more developers choose to produce games for the system.

It wasn't Sony's fault that dreamcast went under, Sega rushed the system and wasn't prepared for the ps2 and thus lost support because the dreamcast lacked power and used a crappier format for discs.

your a tool... dc owns ps2 even if its dead.