PS3 Cell specs

Sultan

hmmm thats sounds intresting, but what does it mean for actual gameplay, would i be playing a game that looks like advent children or is this even usable to game programmers to take adavantage of, or would it be like the human brain where only a certain percentage of its capabilities be used.

it means we'll see some really awesome tech demos then when it comes out everyone will be disappointed when fantavision 2 is the release title.

ROFL. That would be something. :banghead: Déjà vu.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read the entire article yet, but from just the intro it looks like this guy is ready to hype the hell out of it from the get-go. I'm hoping his predictions will come true, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Being able to plug your pda into your computer to get a stronger processor is a strange, and strangely appealing, idea. Makes you wonder why no one thought of "LEGO Processors" before this, aside from the occasional multi-CPU system with very specific setup and software support.

I wonder what this is going to do to the infant 64-bit PC architecture. Will Cell architecture just kill it outright?

Ps3 can't be as powerfull as X-Box 2, and since X-Box 2 is being released at the end of the year, this means that even more amazing shit will be put into the X-BOX 2, but even if this is a "super computer" , then how will the games be made? I mean...the producers already have alot to worry about with 20-25 (i forgot) gigabyte cd's to fill up, and I thought Oni was owned by Bungie, you know , the guys from halo!

Why can't the PS3 be more powerful than XBOX2?

But the thing I'm wondering about is if developers will be able to take advantage of the PS3's power. Now the big game publishers are all into cross platform releases so will development teams realistically have the time and resources to improve a game's graphics to take advantage of the more power system? Right now ports to more powerful platforms (Halo XBOX to Halo PC,; GTA3,VC, SA PS2 to XBOX and PC; etc.) aren't much more than higher resolution textures and a few graphical advancements. Of course, gameplay is the most important aspect of games but you can't discount the power that better graphics have on the majority of gamers.

Well you have a point, and if that's true, then most devolipers won't take advantage of the PS3's sytem when it comes to crossfacing, only exclusive, since X-Box 2 according to what I have heard is still using a DVD format. Unless you want to improve a video game by at least 15 gigabytes of data and images, wich is pretty hard to do alread on just the dvd formats. X-Box 2 is known for it's power, so yeah, ps3 can't be stronger then X-Box 2, and if it is, im going to smack Bill Gates becuase he failed taking over the video game world!

if this Cell thing can can be used for computer then can they use that can make games for ps3? but i think the first few games for the ps3 won't be that good cuz they're th first maybe a year or 2 the games would be render real people but that'll be crazy to use it for GTA cuz of those stupid ass parents

If your really into this, you can all screw off and see to it they destory everything that was once good about video games.

As for me, I'll stick to my anti-Sony ways and bash Microsoft for making a good operating system that actually doesn't crash (90% of the time).

X-Box 2 is known for it's power, so yeah, ps3 can't be stronger then X-Box 2

IT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET!

So? Does it really matter? X-Box 2 no matter what will be more powerfull then Ps3, I have no doubts! If you think otherwise, well then, lucky for you, want a cookie?