What will they think of next?...

NeoMaster

I didn't know if this was true but I was laughing on with pain when reading it.

Pentagon's ruthlessly gay weapon - [Oddly Enough]

Submitted by scienott on 1/16/2005 3:48:14 PM 5 Comments

US military chiefs have considered, at one point, developing an 'aphrodisiac' chemical weapon that would make enemy troops sexually irresistible to each other. The Sunshine Project, which exposes research into chemical and biological weapons, revealed the plans, according to New Scientist.

Provoking widespread homosexual behaviour among troops would cause a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale, the proposal says.

Other ideas included chemical weapons that attract swarms of enraged wasps or angry rats to troop positions, making them uninhabitable. Another was to develop a chemical that caused 'severe and lasting halitosis', to identify guerrillas trying to blend in with civilians. There was also an idea to make troops' skin unbearably sensitive to sunlight.

The proposals, from the US Air Force Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio, apparently date from 1994. The lab sought Pentagon funding for research into what it called "harassing, annoying and 'bad guy'-identifying chemicals".

Sunshine Project spokesman said it was not known if the proposed six-year research plan was pursued.

Source: Ananova

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shades of Flesh Gordon !! If you remember that movie from

1977, there would be a meteor shower, causing the population

to go sex-crazy. They'd all be ripping off each other's clothes

and.... you know

Edited by robbbert

I actually heard this somewhere else I think it was NPR. (my sis makes me listen to it when I ride in her car)

You know, actually I would think that the insane religious right would like such a weapon. If they drop a bomb that makes the enemy camps like Sodom and Gemorrah, they would feel like they're enacting biblical vengence on the enemy. :P