Retiring Video Games for Awhile

Hi everybody. I know that you don't remember me cause I hardly post so I won't go through the whole "long time no post". Anyway, I am currently in winter break (a great 5 week long break) from college. I thought great opportunity to do alot of gaming. Well things were less of stellar. I had both my playstation 2 and gamecube. I was going to complete all the video games that I could have the stamina for. I only got through one out of the five weeks that I am here. Pretty sad I know. Little things just seem to pop up that made things frustrating. Both my playstation 2 and gamecube memory cards erased for no apparent reason, I found out that Super Smash Bros is very boring if you are the only one playing, X-Men Legends is a great game but due to the random erasing had to go back to the beginning three times, and I just didn't feel excited to play the rest of my games.

Then I wondered maybe I should give up gaming for awhile. Have any of you guys done that. Just stop for awhile. I did that during high school for like 3 years and I was fine. I recently got back into gaming this last summer, but this present winter break makes me want to throw my game systems out of the window. What do you guys think? Good idea to detox myself and not play for like three or four weeks. Or maybe just stick with playing classic short games on emulation? I know that this is freakin long but I'm typing as I'm thinking so sorry. Anyway, hope you guys had a good X-mas, Hanaukah (sp?), New Year's, etc etc etc.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda did cause new games don't interest me much anymore

I mainly just play stuff I used to play when I was really into gaming, or my gaming peek (when I played a lot of PSX)

most newer games don't interest me much, especially First Person Shooters and RPG's

Yeah, I usually detox myself before exams. Been doing that since high school. The only games I play during that time are emulated games, and that too for only 15 minutes at a time to calm myself. I know what you're going through. Hell, I usually can't play games for an hour anymore since I just lose interest.

I will not stop playing games for more than a few days for any reason.

I have so many unfinished games and anime so I won't get bored. Ever.

Edited by Agozer