Why are you getting PSP?

Leathel

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to buy a PSP, and throw it.

Will you promise to post it on the forum? hehe

K'fag doesn't have the money or balls. :)

Hi, welcome to the internet!

Yes i will post it.

I'm getting a PSP just because I'm sick of Nintendo owning the handheld market. The handheld market is boring and it's because one company has dominated for so long. Most of the games are total crap and the hardware has seen very slow improvement. Look how long it took Nintendo to get a f**king clue and add a light for the screen. Damn. And don't buy that battery life BS. All they would have to do is make an on/off switch for the lighting thus giving the user the option of using it and shortening battery life. It's not that hard to figure out. Most of the best games for the GBA are just NES and SNES rehashes. I don't give a sh*t about all those damned Pokemon games.

But look what has happened now that Sony is trying to enter the market. Nintendo was finally forced to make a big leap in improving their hardware. But I still think they have managed to screw it up. The touch screen is just too gimicky. Now developers are being forced to try and use the touch screen as a replacement for a true analog stick (e.g. read the IGN review of Mario DS). That's just silly. I for one also can't stand fingerprints and scratches on screens of any kind, so there is no way in hell I could put up with touching the DS screen all the time. I'd just spend half my time wiping it down.

So I plan to support the PSP if for no other reason than I want some serious competition for Nintendo in the market so that maybe the market will actually be exciting again.

Edited by Thraxen

I'm getting a PSP just because blah blah...

Finally a real answer, I hear you loud and clear on that, I got an SP that has been catching dust for a while, only games i got is metroid, SMB3 and SM world, which are SNES makeovers. Although I didn't find the touch screen as annoying as you did, I'm used to using a stylus all the time on my PDA, and it doesn't has a scratch on it, I find that Using it is very nice for shooters like metroid, aiming is easy almost like a mouse, but the graphics are much too weak and blocky to clearly make out Background from characters sometimes, Besides that, The game line-up really sucks ass, I'm not a fanboy of any of the companys' but N64 makeovers get me sick - cause the games sucked in the first place, and who gives a flying flock about all this chatting? gees...

I agree that Nintendo has been in-need of a competition on the handheld market- they're getting really sloppy, with little innovation, To tell you the truth, I don't play for more than 2hrs at most, So battery life is not a problem for me, I can see the direction this is going now..

I think who ever reads IGN's reviews on anything shouldn't be taken lightly

I actually use the composite rankings at GameRankings.com when looking into a game I'm unfamiliar with. I then read a couple... usually IGN and Gamespot... to get a feel for what they liked or didn't like. IGN tends to rate games higher than most other review sites, but I'm well aware of this going in. Anyway, the complaint about the lack of an analog stick is a common one and one that has a lot of merit. Read the review and you'll see what I'm talking about.