[01/10/05] LOTR : Battle for Middle Earth

Alright I bought this game and I saw that it had serious flaws and great gameplay moments. I'm here to give the good and bad of the game and clear up some things.

First of all resources dont come out of nowhere magically. If you actually look in the farms you build that give resources there is a farmer that you can actually see harvesting resources. Oh and Phantom you need to check you facts:I've read the books and I know what happens.

1: True in the movies gandalf is a main character and in the books he doesn't really show up match.

2:True boromir has brown black hair not blonde.Although it was a dirty blonde

3:Not true he did ride a fell beast as shown in the third book. Eowyn slew his fell beast in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. Although not really specified as a Fell Beast.

4:Where the hell in the Movies did the Witch-King break Gandalf's staff?

5: Not True Eowyn was disguised as the Rohirrim Rider Dernhelm; introduced in Dunharrow.

6:Not true Theodon foreboded Eowyn to go with them to Minas Tirith because she was a women and he asked her 2 watch Rohan. Aragorn couldn't have watched Rohan for he had went to the Hill of Erech to call upon the ghosts.

7: Eowyn did kill the Witch-King after he left the gate of Minas Tirith when he found out that The Rohirrim had come. Like in the movie Merry's sword from the Barrow-Downs which turns the Witch-King into flesh so a living poison can kill him.Merry had stabbed the Witch-King from behind and in which time Eowyn took the opportunity to stab him in the face.

8:True the ghosts didn't play a big part. Their presence was only mentioned in the books. In the books the battle was truly decided with the Rohirrim.

Good of the Game:

Graphics are nice.The game has its share of moments. their is alot of detail. Battles are long and fierce and you can feel the frustration when you archers start to die when you really need them. At Minas Tirith the Rohirrim really decided if you can hold off until ghosts. Also you gotta love how some soldiers can switch between bows and swords.

Also as you waited for reinforcements you had to think about how you would deal with the loss of your orgiginal men and figure out how too get more.

The bad of the game:

Building a base gets tedious. At Helms Deep and Minas Tirith I wanted the walls to be completely full with archers in the beggining and the whole onlsaugh of Uruk-Hai could come at once instead of waiting for it. Also unit veriety could be better. Also the control scheme takes some getting used to.

Over Rating: 8/10 The game is really good and has alot of potential but hope for Battle for Middle Earth2 will be much better.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all resources dont come out of nowhere magically. If you actually look in the farms you build that give resources there is a farmer that you can actually see harvesting resources. Oh and Phantom you need to check you facts:I've read the books and I know what happens.

Uh, did anyone says the resources come out of nowhere?

You have to watch LOTR 3 Extended Version to get this scene.

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, did anyone says the resources come out of nowhere?

You have to watch LOTR 3 Extended Version to get this scene.

Yes read all the posts and someoone did say that they thought resources came out of nowhere.......