FINAL BURN ALPHA OR KAWA-X

PHILZY

:rofl: Just wondering whats the best emulator out of the following for neogeo cps1 cps2. Im currently running kawa-x plus but having problems with certain roms, and would like to know what the best emulator is for running the complete neogeo cps1/2 games in. Im hearing mixed reviews

It seems to be FBAxxx has the superior interface, features. however it occured to me kawax has smoothness, speed. this is what it felt to me.

kawaX is dead so there will be no updates. fbaXXX is alive and kicking with updates coming out pretty often. although I am sure that will slow down now that everything for neo geo and cps 1/2 has been released.

• 2 weeks later...

For me: MAMEoX > KAWA-X / FBAx > FBA-XXX

FBA-XXX does have more features, but almost all the features are of no use for playing(except button config for each game, this is useful. But MAMEoX can do that early before). Also has more bugs in emulation, random crash here and there. And has done too much with the interface, so that the skin cost too much ram.

MAMEoX has the UI launcher(default.xbe) and emulator core(MAMEoX.xbe) separated. When you launch the game, the memory used by the UI is released. So you can do almost anyting to the UI and wont affect the emulation.

MAMEoX is more accurate and the code is more rigorous.

Now I mostly use MAMEoX for playing games, use FBA-XXX only to test the new features.

Especially if your XBOX have 128M of ram, you will love MAMEoX. :naughty:

Edited by HK$

• 3 weeks later...