Is it worth spending this much on a laptop

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, those are sweet laptop. I haven't read any benchmarks for the X600 series though. First question: Do you really think you will benefit by getting a laptop instead of a desktop? Second question: Are you willing to build your own PC? Third question: How hardcore of a PC gamer are you?

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Ok, as a gamer, avoid Intels, but as someone who is going to use laptops, get a Dell.

yeah, my outlook on Laptops isn't that great.

Thx for replying Gryph....

Umm....well see my school has wireless LAN. And I may have access to wireless lans in my neighborhood. Thing is, I probably won't have broadband at home.....so having a desktop with similar specs as the laptops I posted are worthless to me. Also I haven't seen any desktops in the price range I wanted with decent specs (max I'll spend is around $1400). I need something for the long haul so I wouldn't mind buying one of the two laptops.

And yeah, I'd be interested in having a PC built....any suggestions on where to go for this?

To K'Dash: I skimmed Dell....but they don't offer this much power in their laptops at my price range...check it out for yourself. But I agree they have nice laptops.

Edited by Sturmvogel

Newegg some pieces, cut the case and you got a cheap PC.

Wiz...I don't know how to put a PC together....much less what to buy. But yeah Newegg is good...bought something from their recently.

Sorry, missed your last question Gryph...I'm not much of a PC gamer besides emulation. I wouldn't mind having a low-mid end ATI Radeon though...

Edited by Sturmvogel

Ok, for reference, here's that deal Magnis saw in his newspaper: http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11130

The rough estimate of the total came out to around $2100. But that computer also has 4 harddrives and they are quite hardcore so if you remove them that brings the price down by about $400. What's left then would be a good PC nowadays.

But I have a feeling that you will get more benefit from a laptop since you might be able to access broadband with it. If you're not going to play all the latest PC games and stuff, it'd really be useless to get a desktop. And you'll be able to play a lot of new stuff with either of those laptops too.

We must spread the AMD infulence.

Yes, we do. That's my only problem with those laptops, they're Intels. But that shouldn't really matter. :thumbsup1:

My friend wants to replace his sempron with my AMD 64. Funny thing is, it'll work.