A new hope for BitTorrent?

Dubbed Exeem, the software has already been distributed in a closed beta, or early test format, by the creators of the suprnova Web site, which was until late last month the most popular hub for the BitTorrent file-swapping community.

Last week, the head of that now-defunct site, a man known as "Sloncek," officially announced the Exeem project in an interview on the NovaStream Webcasting network. He said that it would be a modified version of the popular BitTorrent technology, but transformed into a decentralized, searchable network similar to Kazaa or eDonkey.

Reports from some beta testers are now beginning to come in, as the private testing nears its end.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5512230.html

Prolly old news, but great news for p2p... ;):D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreamworks sent a cease-and-desist letter demanding the site remove it. One of the site's pseudonymous owners, Anakata, replied: "As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe [and] US law does not apply here. … It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are flocking morons." Shrek 2 stayed up.

This paragraph wsb so great. I remember when they posted the reply on the main site. Gold. ;)

Dreamworks sent a cease-and-desist letter demanding the site remove it. One of the site's pseudonymous owners, Anakata, replied: "As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe [and] US law does not apply here. … It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are flocking morons." Shrek 2 stayed up.

This paragraph wsb so great. I remember when they posted the reply on the main site. Gold. :lol:

Yeah, I laughed when I saw that.

it doesn't matter if this is old becuz it's good news, so good job to you buddy !!