9/11 vs. Tsunami 04

Mag

ok i know this is kinda off topic.. but this morning i was listening to the radio and they were discussing that muslim countrys effected by the Tsunami are actully claiming its americas fault.... Indonesia was one of the countrys that cheered when 9/11 happened and now this happens to them and they acts like its our fault.. what the hell. Here we are donating and sending all this stuff over to them and they act like we are just trying to make our selfs look good.

"It's OK that aid from the United States is here," he said. "If they open bars, sell alcohol or open prostitution centers, then we will fight them."
"I would take aid from the United States or even the devil himself if it would mean getting those people on (Sumatra's) western coast some medicine and food,"

man all i know is i hope our money is going to help the needy and not these muslim assholes who dont need it.

Edited by Bluestinger X

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The people, among the media has made a big fuss about the 9/11 attack (about 5000 died) compare to the Tsunami that just occured recently (more than 140,000+ died), just because those 140,000 victims isn't americans doesn't mean we wouldn't care as much.

Wrong! It does matter of they are American or not. Lets do the math.

1 American= 1000 (Indians, Sumtrans, Indonesians etc)

3000 Amercians died on 9/11. So that would be equivalent to 3,000,000 lives lost compared to those other people. So 9/11 was by far worse. They weren't Americans...many of them were poor, backwater villagers who wouldn't make any significant contribution to society. Twenty years from now, no one will care about those people or that area....

The people, among the media has made a big fuss about the 9/11 attack (about 5000 died) compare to the Tsunami that just occured recently (more than 140,000+ died), just because those 140,000 victims isn't americans doesn't mean we wouldn't care as much.

Wrong! It does matter of they are American or not. Lets do the math.

1 American= 1000 (Indians, Sumtrans, Indonesians etc)

3000 Amercians died on 9/11. So that would be equivalent to 3,000,000 lives lost compared to those other people. So 9/11 was by far worse. They weren't Americans...many of them were poor, backwater villagers who wouldn't make any significant contribution to society. Twenty years from now, no one will care about those people or that area....

20 years from now no one will probably care about 9/11 either... the feeling has already slowly been faded. The idea that people would care more about that cause they were american is stupid... it was the world trade center there was much more then americans in that building. Anyway this is a big deal.. the fact is it didnt happen so close to home is why americans dont seem to show so much consern. Which is bad... but there is a lot of americans such as my self that it does hit close to home. My girlfriend is thai and we actully planned on visiting the phuket islands next winter. Now i wana even go more to pay my respects to those who have died from this tragic event. The death toll is much worse and i feel extremely bad for all those familys who have lost there loved ones.. the other fact is this was not controled by anyone. Nature is gona do stuff like this... no matter were u go or what u do nature can get u. There was nothing that could be done about the quakes besides there could have been a warning... 9/11 was decided by a man and was done by men who fallowed him theres a difference.

The difference dosnt matter human life was lost and its sad.. we can only hope both dosnt happen again.

My girlfriend is thai and we actully planned on visiting the phuket islands next winter.

You have got to be joking. Those can not possibly exist. Tell me that was a joke. Hell, if those exist I'm moving there.

lol no its not a joke... my gf always makes jokes how Thai people add H to words when they completey dont need them... phuket isllands are pernoucesd pucket not flocket :shootem:

How many of you have helped the Red Cross financially? I'm just curious.

i havent, but hopefully i will bc right now im in huge debt but i wanna put aside somethin for the relief..just dont kno how much =/

I donated 65 cents. I'm so proud of myself.

Bastard, I donated 10 bucks to greenplastic.com :o