9/11 vs. Tsunami 04

Mag

to compare or contrast both events is sickining, both were horrible, both will leave scars for years to come.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

both events are of course very tragic. but just bc 9/11 was an American thing doesnt mean it gets more coverage and more attention. i can be anti-american sometime, and i live in LA, but this isnt a matter of American or not. 9/11 was a mass murder to those in the planes, the buidlings, and to the familes state of mind. it was pushed by politics and it drove people to the point where they had to do sumthin drastic.

the tsunami was a natural disaster and man it is a sad thing. no one is at fault for what happend. an act of nature is the one thing we all cant help im glad that the money given to the relief has been so great...though we all kno its not enough, A LOT of money has been given. ive yet to open my check book, but i will...

1- relief efforts have been made EVERYWHERE.

2- it's not getting the same emotion cause it's not a human attack (could be if you like conspiracy theories)

3- i don't mean to be skeptical and crap, but considering the number is NO WHERE near the 500,000 deaths caused in iraq by the sanctions, i wonder who's surprised.

Sure, you could say this disaster is getting less coverage in the US than 9/11, and that's understandable. But is it true for the rest of the world? I'd say its probably even, or getting more coverage because the effects of the tsunami are more long-lasting.

Also, if you just want to compare by how many people died, then this event's coverage should be dwarfed by worldwide epidemics such as malaria and AIDS, both of which kill far more people in the world every month than have died in the tsunami and 9/11 combined.

How many of you have helped the Red Cross financially? I'm just curious.

i havent, but hopefully i will bc right now im in huge debt but i wanna put aside somethin for the relief..just dont kno how much =/

I donated 65 cents. I'm so proud of myself.

How many of you have helped the Red Cross financially? I'm just curious.

i havent, but hopefully i will bc right now im in huge debt but i wanna put aside somethin for the relief..just dont kno how much =/

I donated 65 cents. I'm so proud of myself.

seriously, if everyone donated 65cents or lets say a dollar...imagine how much money that would be...